* 19990503 snapshot failing to scroll screen
@ 1999-05-08  8:58 N8TM
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: N8TM @ 1999-05-08  8:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I have installed the latest patches on W95 OSR25, and find this cygwin
snapshot an improvement in several ways.  For example, I can hold down the
left arrow without producing garbage on the command line.  However, it
over-types the last line on the screen much more frequently than I am used
to.  The pwd command over-writes itself and then is over-written by the new
prompt line.  Am I missing a setting which should take care of this?  My
experience has been that CYGWIN settings don't have the same effect on W95 as
on NT.
Tim
tprince@computer.org

* Re: 19990503 snapshot failing to scroll screen
@ 1999-05-09 21:14 ` Chris Faylor
From: Chris Faylor @ 1999-05-09 21:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: N8TM; +Cc: cygwin

On Sat, May 08, 1999 at 11:57:16AM -0400, N8TM@aol.com wrote:
>I have installed the latest patches on W95 OSR25, and find this cygwin
>snapshot an improvement in several ways.  For example, I can hold down the
>left arrow without producing garbage on the command line.  However, it
>over-types the last line on the screen much more frequently than I am used
>to.  The pwd command over-writes itself and then is over-written by the new
>prompt line.  Am I missing a setting which should take care of this?  My
>experience has been that CYGWIN settings don't have the same effect on W95 as
>on NT.

I don't see anything like this on my Windows 95 system.

What *are* your CYGWIN settings?

cgf

* Re: 19990503 snapshot failing to scroll screen
@ 1999-05-31 21:10   ` Chris Faylor
From: Chris Faylor @ 1999-05-31 21:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: N8TM; +Cc: cygwin

@ 1999-05-31 21:10 ` N8TM
From: N8TM @ 1999-05-31 21:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

@ 1999-07-05 12:00 ` Chris Faylor
From: Chris Faylor @ 1999-07-05 12:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: N8TM; +Cc: cygwin

I've been saving this email message in my inbox until I got a chance to
investigate what was going wrong.

I have made some chnages in recent snapshots that should revert
scrolling to its previous only sem-broken behavior.

If anyone who has seen this strange behavior would like to test it out
now and report back to the list, I'd appreciate it.

-chris

@ 1999-07-31 18:34   ` Chris Faylor
From: Chris Faylor @ 1999-07-31 18:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: N8TM; +Cc: cygwin

@ 1999-07-31 18:34 ` N8TM
From: N8TM @ 1999-07-31 18:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

In a message dated 7/5/99 12:00:42 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
cygwin@sourceware.cygnus.com writes:

> I have made some chnages in recent snapshots that should revert
>  scrolling to its previous only sem-broken behavior.
>
>  If anyone who has seen this strange behavior would like to test it out
>  now and report back to the list, I'd appreciate it.

I am running the 0614 snapshot now; I haven't checked this weekend for any
new ones.  It still over-writes the last line most of the time under W95, but
it doesn't bother me so much as I usually run cygnus under W2K now, where it
behaves pretty well.

From: Chris Faylor @ 1999-07-31 18:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: N8TM; +Cc: cygwin

On Mon, Jul 05, 1999 at 11:45:55PM -0400, N8TM@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 7/5/99 12:00:42 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
>cygwin@sourceware.cygnus.com writes:
>> I have made some chnages in recent snapshots that should revert
>>  scrolling to its previous only sem-broken behavior.
>>
>>  If anyone who has seen this strange behavior would like to test it out
>>  now and report back to the list, I'd appreciate it.
>>
>I am running the 0614 snapshot now; I haven't checked this weekend for any
>new ones.  It still over-writes the last line most of the time under W95, but
>it doesn't bother me so much as I usually run cygnus under W2K now, where it
>behaves pretty well.

"Recent snapshots" would actually be after 6/14 as in July 5, for instance.

cgf

* Re: 19990503 snapshot failing to scroll screen
@ 1999-07-06 11:59 ` Chris Faylor
From: Chris Faylor @ 1999-07-06 11:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: N8TM; +Cc: cygwin

@ 1999-07-05 20:47 N8TM