* Re: scp for cygwin?
@ 1999-07-07  5:38 Sergey Okhapkin
From: Sergey Okhapkin @ 1999-07-07  5:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

>I can't get that to work either. Same symptoms: it freezes up at the
>password prompt (only with this distribution it happens with both ssh
>and scp, whereas Francis Chang's ssh works but scp freezes).

Environment variable CYGWIN must be set to "tty".

Sergey Okhapkin, http://www.lexa.ru/sos
Piscataway, NJ

* Re: scp for cygwin?
@ 1999-07-07 19:43 ` Ross Smith
From: Ross Smith @ 1999-07-07 19:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sergey Okhapkin wrote:

> >I can't get that to work either. Same symptoms: it freezes up at the
> >password prompt (only with this distribution it happens with both ssh
> >and scp, whereas Francis Chang's ssh works but scp freezes).
>
> Environment variable CYGWIN must be set to "tty".

Nope, doesn't help.

--
Ross Smith <ross.s@ihug.co.nz> The Internet Group, Auckland, New Zealand

* Re: scp for cygwin?
@ 1999-07-31 18:34   ` Ross Smith
From: Ross Smith @ 1999-07-31 18:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 1999-07-31 18:34 ` Sergey Okhapkin
From: Sergey Okhapkin @ 1999-07-31 18:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 1999-07-31 18:34   ` Steve Coleman
From: Steve Coleman @ 1999-07-31 18:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ross Smith wrote:

> Anyone know if there's a port of scp for cygwin? Francis Chang's ssh
> package includes it, but I can't get it to work.

I use the port listed on Sergey Okhapkin's page.
  http://www.lexa.ru/sos/

The actual archive site is:
   http://dome.weeg.uiowa.edu/pub/domestic/sos/ports/

The binary distribution for scp probably works although I compiled my
own copy. I downloaded the ssh source from the main ssh site, applied
the above diffs (ssh-1.2.26-cygwin.diff.gz), and compiled against the
latest Cygwin snapshot. I then "hacked" my copy to enable RSA
authentication so that I do not have to supply scp with a password any
more. It works for me. :-)

--
Steve Coleman     <Steve.Coleman@jhuapl.edu>   http://www.jhuapl.edu/
<<--------->> Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory <<---------->>

* Re: scp for cygwin?
@ 1999-07-31 18:34     ` Geoff Appleby
From: Geoff Appleby @ 1999-07-31 18:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Steve Coleman wrote:

> Ross Smith wrote:
> >
> > Anyone know if there's a port of scp for cygwin? Francis Chang's ssh
> > package includes it, but I can't get it to work.
>
> I use the port listed on Sergey Okhapkin's page.
>   http://www.lexa.ru/sos/
>
> The actual archive site is:
>    http://dome.weeg.uiowa.edu/pub/domestic/sos/ports/
>
> The binary distribution for scp probably works although I compiled my
> own copy. I downloaded the ssh source from the main ssh site, applied
> the above diffs (ssh-1.2.26-cygwin.diff.gz), and compiled against the
> latest Cygwin snapshot. I then "hacked" my copy to enable RSA
> authentication so that I do not have to supply scp with a password any
> more. It works for me. :-)

How did you hack it?  If you can share, then I can do it too :)

* scp for cygwin?
@ 1999-07-31 18:34 ` Ross Smith
From: Ross Smith @ 1999-07-31 18:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Anyone know if there's a port of scp for cygwin? Francis Chang's ssh
package includes it, but I can't get it to work.

(Running scp produced a complaint that /usr/local/bin/ssh1 didn't exist.
Creating it (as a copy of ssh) allowed scp to run, but it only gets as
far as asking for a password and then freezes up. I had to use Task
Manager to kill it. ssh itself works fine.)

From: Ross Smith @ 1999-07-31 18:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 1999-07-06 20:11   ` Ross Smith
From: Ross Smith @ 1999-07-06 20:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 1999-07-03 20:56   ` Geoff Appleby
From: Geoff Appleby @ 1999-07-03 20:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Steve Coleman wrote:

> Ross Smith wrote:
> >
> > Anyone know if there's a port of scp for cygwin? Francis Chang's ssh
> > package includes it, but I can't get it to work.
>
> I use the port listed on Sergey Okhapkin's page.
>   http://www.lexa.ru/sos/
>
> The actual archive site is:
>    http://dome.weeg.uiowa.edu/pub/domestic/sos/ports/
>
> The binary distribution for scp probably works although I compiled my
> own copy. I downloaded the ssh source from the main ssh site, applied
> the above diffs (ssh-1.2.26-cygwin.diff.gz), and compiled against the
> latest Cygwin snapshot. I then "hacked" my copy to enable RSA
> authentication so that I do not have to supply scp with a password any
> more. It works for me. :-)

How did you hack it?  If you can share, then I can do it too :)

* Re: scp for cygwin?
@ 1999-07-02  6:49 ` Steve Coleman
                     ` (2 more replies)
From: Steve Coleman @ 1999-07-02  6:49 UTC (permalink / raw)