* Subject: SHELL=/bin/sh in Makefiles
@ 1999-07-29  8:15 Christoph Kukulies
From: Christoph Kukulies @ 1999-07-29  8:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I tried to compile flex 2.5.4a under b20 (finally got it compiled).
I was surprised that even ./configure worked.

The only glitch I came across was that I got a strange

/c: Can't open /c

when I ran 'make' from within bash.

I removed the SHELL=/bin/sh statement from the Makefile and got
ahead.

What is the secret of this? I remember that I had the same problem
under b19. I have a sh.exe in C:\bin .

@ 1999-07-31 18:34 ` Christoph Kukulies
From: Christoph Kukulies @ 1999-07-31 18:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I tried to compile flex 2.5.4a under b20 (finally got it compiled).
I was surprised that even ./configure worked.

The only glitch I came across was that I got a strange

/c: Can't open /c

when I ran 'make' from within bash.

I removed the SHELL=/bin/sh statement from the Makefile and got
ahead.

What is the secret of this? I remember that I had the same problem
under b19. I have a sh.exe in C:\bin .

* RE: Subject: SHELL=/bin/sh in Makefiles
@ 1999-07-31 18:34 ` Lamb, Ronald F.
From: Lamb, Ronald F. @ 1999-07-31 18:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

You have to set the environment variable MAKE_MODE to UNIX

Ron

@ 1999-07-30 12:51 Lamb, Ronald F.
From: Lamb, Ronald F. @ 1999-07-30 12:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin