* b19 vs. b20 .a files incompatible
@ 1999-07-13  5:17 Christoph Kukulies
From: Christoph Kukulies @ 1999-07-13  5:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I was a bit suprised when I compiled a library (libf2c.a)
under B19 (ld -r -x -o , btw, didn't work under that version),
took the library to a B20.1 (resp. latest) machine and
linked a program for which the main program was compiled
under the latter.

The result was that the program got hung and didn't write out
anything. It was a hello world type program. I could interrupt
with ^C though.

Is it normal, that .o files or .a files are incompatible between releaes?