* How to use gprof under cygwin?
@ 1999-08-03 23:53 Ahrens, Frank 6537 EPE-24
From: Ahrens, Frank 6537 EPE-24 @ 1999-08-03 23:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'cygwin@sourceware.cygnus.com'

Hi,
who can give me a hint, how to use gprof under cygwin?
Does it generally work? Are there special things to make regarding cygwin?

With kind regards

                    Frank Ahrens

e-mail: frank.ahrens@de.heidelberg.com

* Re: How to use gprof under cygwin?
@ 1999-08-04 11:55 ` Mumit Khan
From: Mumit Khan @ 1999-08-04 11:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ahrens, Frank 6537 EPE-24; +Cc: 'cygwin@sourceware.cygnus.com'

"Ahrens, Frank 6537 EPE-24" <Frank.Ahrens@de.heidelberg.com> writes:
> Hi,
> who can give me a hint, how to use gprof under cygwin?
> Does it generally work? Are there special things to make regarding cygwin?

I have gprof for Cygwin at:

  ftp://ftp.xraylith.wisc.edu/pub/khan/gnu-win32/cygwin/ports/

You do as you normally would:

  $ gcc -pg -c foo.c
  $ gcc -pg -o foo foo.o
  $ ./foo
  $ gprof foo.exe

There are some limitations, but overall it works for C. There're problems
with C++ code (you'll probably get linker errors from multiple template
instances and so on), and you have to play a small trick with g77.

Regards,
Mumit

* Re: How to use gprof under cygwin?
@ 1999-08-04 12:57   ` ¨Marcel Cox
From: ¨Marcel Cox @ 1999-08-04 12:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mumit Khan, Ahrens, Frank 6537 EPE-24; +Cc: cygwin

Mumit,

> I have gprof for Cygwin at:

Is that Cygwin only or does it work with mingw32 too ?

Marcel Cox

* Re: How to use gprof under cygwin?
@ 1999-08-04 13:07     ` Mumit Khan
From: Mumit Khan @ 1999-08-04 13:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: marcel.cox; +Cc: cygwin

Marcel Cox <marcel.cox@ibm.net> writes:
> Mumit,
>
> > I have gprof for Cygwin at:
> >

> Is that Cygwin only or does it work with mingw32 too ?

gprof works for all win32, it's profiling that doesn't ;-) Currently
Cygwin only, sorry.

There's a bit of work to be done to get the profiling support in Mingw,
but it's low on my priority list. However, given that most of the hard
work is already done for Cygwin, the rest should pretty easy; if
someone's interested in the project, please contact me.

Regards,
Mumit

* How to use gprof under cygwin?
@ 1999-08-31 23:49 ` Ahrens, Frank 6537 EPE-24