* RE: termios control in cygwin
@ 1999-08-11 20:04 Earnie Boyd
From: Earnie Boyd @ 1999-08-11 20:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Philippe Noel, Cygwin-List; +Cc: cgf

--- Philippe Noel <pnoel@socoint.com> wrote:

> > >I'm really interested for ANY answers about this.  I've exactly the same
> > >problem.  My application seems to stick in the read function.
> > Anybody ever
> > >experienced this?
> > >
> > >I tried downloading the latest cygwin1.dll, but it makes my applications
> > >print error messages about the dll version, and stop.
> > >
> > >Any other idea?
> >
> > Yes.  Only use one version of the DLL on your system.  That's what the
> > error message was trying to tell you.  Rename the older DLL to something
> > besides cygwin1.dll.
>
> Sure.  That's what I've done.  But it still print the same error message.
> BTW, I've this message for some shell applications like this:
>
> bash-2.02$ pwd
> D:\Cygwin-root\bin\pwd.exe: *** conflicting versions of cygwin1.dll
> detected.  Use only the most recent version.
>
> I don't understand this message because the DLL I use *is* the most
> recent...   :-S

Execute `cygcheck -s -v -r', at the end of the list you'll see where on the
path that every cygwin1.dll is found.  Somehow, you're starting processes with
differing versions of cygwin1.dll.  This is a big cannot do.  Chris added the
"conflicting versions" error to prevent more serious problems.  You need to get
rid of all but one of the cygwin1.dll files from your PATH.
===
Earnie Boyd < mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com >

Newbies, please visit
< http://www.freeyellow.com/members5/gw32/index.html >

(If you respond to the list, then please don't cc me)

* Re: termios control in cygwin
@ 1999-08-11 20:31 ` Chris Faylor
From: Chris Faylor @ 1999-08-11 20:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Earnie Boyd; +Cc: Philippe Noel, Cygwin-List

On Wed, Aug 11, 1999 at 08:04:43PM -0700, Earnie Boyd wrote:
>Execute `cygcheck -s -v -r', at the end of the list you'll see where on the
>path that every cygwin1.dll is found.  Somehow, you're starting processes with
>differing versions of cygwin1.dll.  This is a big cannot do.  Chris added the
>"conflicting versions" error to prevent more serious problems.  You need to get
>rid of all but one of the cygwin1.dll files from your PATH.

I avoided suggesting running cygcheck because I thought it possible that
it wouldn't run either since it's a cygwin app.  But, if it does run
it may determine the problem.

cgf

* Re: termios control in cygwin
@ 1999-08-31 23:49   ` Chris Faylor
From: Chris Faylor @ 1999-08-31 23:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Earnie Boyd; +Cc: Philippe Noel, Cygwin-List

@ 1999-08-31 23:49 ` Earnie Boyd
From: Earnie Boyd @ 1999-08-31 23:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Philippe Noel, Cygwin-List; +Cc: cgf

@ 1999-08-31 23:49     ` Chris Faylor
From: Chris Faylor @ 1999-08-31 23:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Philippe Noel; +Cc: Svein Erling Seldal, Cygwin-List

On Mon, Aug 09, 1999 at 03:03:42PM -0400, Philippe Noel wrote:
>> I'm trying to access the serial/console port from a gcc/cygwin
>> program. I've discovered that cygwin never returns on reads (when
>> there's no char input of course), even when struct termio's
>> c_cc[VTIME] is set to a positive integer. I suppose this is a bug -
>> does anyone have a clue?
>>

>I'm really interested for ANY answers about this.  I've exactly the same
>problem.  My application seems to stick in the read function.  Anybody ever
>experienced this?
>
>I tried downloading the latest cygwin1.dll, but it makes my applications
>print error messages about the dll version, and stop.
>
>Any other idea?

Yes.  Only use one version of the DLL on your system.  That's what the
error message was trying to tell you.  Rename the older DLL to something
besides cygwin1.dll.

cgf

* termios control in cygwin
@ 1999-08-31 23:49 ` Svein Erling Seldal
From: Svein Erling Seldal @ 1999-08-31 23:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi,

I'm trying to access the serial/console port from a gcc/cygwin
program. I've discovered that cygwin never returns on reads (when
there's no char input of course), even when struct termio's
c_cc[VTIME] is set to a positive integer. I suppose this is a bug -
does anyone have a clue?

PS! I'm not subscribing the cygwin list - pls. reply to my private
adr...

Regards,
Svein E. Seldal

* RE: termios control in cygwin
@ 1999-08-31 23:49   ` Philippe Noel
From: Philippe Noel @ 1999-08-31 23:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Svein Erling Seldal; +Cc: Cygwin-List

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to access the serial/console port from a gcc/cygwin
> program. I've discovered that cygwin never returns on reads (when
> there's no char input of course), even when struct termio's
> c_cc[VTIME] is set to a positive integer. I suppose this is a bug -
> does anyone have a clue?

I'm really interested for ANY answers about this.  I've exactly the same
problem.  My application seems to stick in the read function.  Anybody ever
experienced this?

I tried downloading the latest cygwin1.dll, but it makes my applications
print error messages about the dll version, and stop.

Any other idea?

PS: Svein, if you got answers at your personnal email, can you forward it to
me.  Thanks.

From: Philippe Noel @ 1999-08-31 23:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cygwin-List; +Cc: cgf

> On Mon, Aug 09, 1999 at 03:03:42PM -0400, Philippe Noel wrote:
> >> I'm trying to access the serial/console port from a gcc/cygwin
> >> program. I've discovered that cygwin never returns on reads (when
> >> there's no char input of course), even when struct termio's
> >> c_cc[VTIME] is set to a positive integer. I suppose this is a bug -
> >> does anyone have a clue?
> >>

> >I'm really interested for ANY answers about this.  I've exactly the same
> >problem.  My application seems to stick in the read function.
> Anybody ever
> >experienced this?
> >
> >I tried downloading the latest cygwin1.dll, but it makes my applications
> >print error messages about the dll version, and stop.
> >
> >Any other idea?
>
> Yes.  Only use one version of the DLL on your system.  That's what the
> error message was trying to tell you.  Rename the older DLL to something
> besides cygwin1.dll.

Sure.  That's what I've done.  But it still print the same error message.
BTW, I've this message for some shell applications like this:

bash-2.02$ pwd
D:\Cygwin-root\bin\pwd.exe: *** conflicting versions of cygwin1.dll
detected.  Use only the most recent version.

I don't understand this message because the DLL I use *is* the most
recent...   :-S

Philippe Noel

* Re: termios control in cygwin
@ 1999-08-31 23:49         ` Chris Faylor
From: Chris Faylor @ 1999-08-31 23:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Philippe Noel; +Cc: Cygwin-List

On Wed, Aug 11, 1999 at 04:56:23PM -0400, Philippe Noel wrote:
>Sure.  That's what I've done.  But it still print the same error message.
>BTW, I've this message for some shell applications like this:
>
>bash-2.02$ pwd
>D:\Cygwin-root\bin\pwd.exe: *** conflicting versions of cygwin1.dll
>detected.  Use only the most recent version.
>
>I don't understand this message because the DLL I use *is* the most
>recent...   :-S

Well, the program doesn't lie.  You're using an older version of the
DLL somewhere.  You can use the Microsoft find files utility to find
where.

cgf

* Re: termios control in cygwin
@ 1999-08-11 14:29       ` Chris Faylor