* Re: vtk question
@ 1999-08-27 14:46 Earnie Boyd
From: Earnie Boyd @ 1999-08-27 14:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yong Wang, cygwin

--- Yong Wang <wang1@cis.uab.edu> wrote:
> Hello!
> I want to compile some VTK programs using Cygwin (on NT 4.0). The problem is
> don't have the proper library file --- libvtkdll.a. From the mailing archive,
> found some instruction to make it:
>
> %impdef vtkdll.dll >vtkdll.def
>
> %dlltool --dllname vtkdll.dll --def vtkdll.def --output-lib libvtkdll.a -k
>
> I can get vtkdll.def and libvtkdll.a.
>
> By when I link it with my program ( using "-lvtkdll"), I got lots of error
> messages about "undefined reference .....". It seems that it was not really
> linked.
>
> I've looked in FAQ and archive I can find but there are no explicit
> instructions
> on how to solve this. Can anyone give me some help on this?

Please visit Mumit's site, references on my page as well as the Cygwin pages at
Cygnus.  He explains with examples how to do what you want.  Also, check the
archives for recent discussions about DLL'S, dlltool and dllwrap.
===
Earnie Boyd < mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com >

Newbies, please visit
< http://www.freeyellow.com/members5/gw32/index.html >

(If you respond to the list, then please don't cc me)

* Re: vtk question
@ 1999-08-31 23:49 ` Earnie Boyd
From: Earnie Boyd @ 1999-08-31 23:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yong Wang, cygwin

--- Yong Wang <wang1@cis.uab.edu> wrote:
> Hello!
> I want to compile some VTK programs using Cygwin (on NT 4.0). The problem is
> don't have the proper library file --- libvtkdll.a. From the mailing archive,
> found some instruction to make it:
>
> %impdef vtkdll.dll >vtkdll.def
>
> %dlltool --dllname vtkdll.dll --def vtkdll.def --output-lib libvtkdll.a -k
>
> I can get vtkdll.def and libvtkdll.a.
>
> By when I link it with my program ( using "-lvtkdll"), I got lots of error
> messages about "undefined reference .....". It seems that it was not really
> linked.
>
> I've looked in FAQ and archive I can find but there are no explicit
> instructions
> on how to solve this. Can anyone give me some help on this?

Please visit Mumit's site, references on my page as well as the Cygwin pages at
Cygnus.  He explains with examples how to do what you want.  Also, check the
archives for recent discussions about DLL'S, dlltool and dllwrap.
===
Earnie Boyd < mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com >

Newbies, please visit
< http://www.freeyellow.com/members5/gw32/index.html >

(If you respond to the list, then please don't cc me)

* VTK question
@ 1999-08-31 23:49 ` Hui Jing
From: Hui Jing @ 1999-08-31 23:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hello!

I'm a beginner in computer graphics, also I just started to use Cygwin.
Recently I want import some VTK programs from UNIX to Windows NT. But I
couldn't compile programs correctly. Could you give me some advices on
where to find more information about it?

Thank you so much.

Sincerely,

Yong Wang

* vtk question
@ 1999-08-31 23:49 ` Yong Wang
From: Yong Wang @ 1999-08-31 23:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hello!
I want to compile some VTK programs using Cygwin (on NT 4.0). The problem is I
don't have the proper library file --- libvtkdll.a. From the mailing archive, I

@ 1999-08-27 13:10 Yong Wang
From: Yong Wang @ 1999-08-27 13:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

@ 1999-08-20  5:55 Hui Jing