* Programming COM interfaces with C++
@ 1999-09-29  5:44 Araujo, Isaque G.
From: Araujo, Isaque G. @ 1999-09-29  5:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi, I found this on cygwin site:

gcc 2.95
Mumit has made this build of gcc 2.95 for Cygwin available for people to
use. This is the first release of the newly merged egcs and gcc projects. It
is meant to replace the b20.1 compiler so the pathnames are compatible with
b20.1. New features include support for doing COM interfaces in C++,
anonymous structs/unions in C, anonymous structs in C++, a new
-fnative-struct flag that makes gcc lay out bitfields exactly as MSVC does,
and other improvements and bug fixes. July 31 1999, Mumit Khan
<<
Where are information/documentation/tutorial whatever about how compile
these COM interfaces ?
I've looking for it on egcs.cygnus.com, www.gnu.org, www.gcc.org,...,
Mumit's Homepage and nothing.

Please somebody help me !
Thank you.

 /H\j                                isaque.araujo@alcoa.com.br
(=U=)                                           55-11-3741-3510
 '-'                                Sistema Empresa / SIAL 2000

* Re: Programming COM interfaces with C++
@ 1999-09-29  8:49 ` M. R. Brown
From: M. R. Brown @ 1999-09-29  8:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Araujo, Isaque G.; +Cc: cygwin

Goto Mumit Khan's ftp site
ftp://ftp.xraylith.wisc.edu/pub/khan/gnu-win32/cygwin/misc/ and you will
find what you're looking for.  I haven't really had a chance to play with
them, so I couldn't tell you any caveats (if any).

Marcus

@ 1999-09-30 23:42 ` Araujo, Isaque G.
From: Araujo, Isaque G. @ 1999-09-30 23:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

@ 1999-09-30 23:42   ` M. R. Brown
From: M. R. Brown @ 1999-09-30 23:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Araujo, Isaque G.; +Cc: cygwin

From: M. R. Brown @ 1999-09-30 23:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Araujo, Isaque G.; +Cc: cygwin

I wouldn't know if the COM examples were written specifically for mingw32
(which it looks like you're using) or meant to be compiled under cygwin.
When I compiled them under cygwin, I got no errors.  Like I said, I
haven't had time to play with them, so someone else want to field this?
COM on Win32 in particular is A Big Thing, and the fact that it's now
supported (via patches) in gcc 2.95 is intringuing in itself.  Does anyone
know if this would work under COM that was ported to other another
architecture (my mind escapes me as to non-Win32's that support COM, but I
know there are some out there.

Marcus

From: Araujo, Isaque G. @ 1999-09-30 23:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Mumit Khan', Araujo, Isaque G.; +Cc: 'M. R. Brown', cygwin

Yeah !!!! It works !!!!
My compiler is Mingw32.
Thank you man !

From: Araujo, Isaque G. @ 1999-09-30 23:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'M. R. Brown', Araujo, Isaque G.; +Cc: cygwin

[...]

c++  -c  -Id:/src/w32api/include  -g -fvtable-thunks  client.cpp -o client.o
c++  -o client.exe client.o guids.o -Ld:/src/w32api/lib -lole32 -luuid

C:\GCC-2.95\src\comexample2>

Any help ?

@ 1999-09-30 23:42   ` Mumit Khan
From: Mumit Khan @ 1999-09-30 23:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Araujo, Isaque G.; +Cc: 'M. R. Brown', cygwin

@ 1999-09-30 10:53 Araujo, Isaque G.
From: Araujo, Isaque G. @ 1999-09-30 10:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Mumit Khan', Araujo, Isaque G.; +Cc: 'M. R. Brown', cygwin

Yeah !!!! It works !!!!
My compiler is Mingw32.
Thank you man !

@ 1999-09-30 10:20 ` Mumit Khan
From: Mumit Khan @ 1999-09-30 10:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Araujo, Isaque G.; +Cc: 'M. R. Brown', cygwin

@ 1999-09-30  7:21 ` M. R. Brown
From: M. R. Brown @ 1999-09-30  7:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Araujo, Isaque G.; +Cc: cygwin

I wouldn't know if the COM examples were written specifically for mingw32
(which it looks like you're using) or meant to be compiled under cygwin.
When I compiled them under cygwin, I got no errors.  Like I said, I
haven't had time to play with them, so someone else want to field this?
COM on Win32 in particular is A Big Thing, and the fact that it's now
supported (via patches) in gcc 2.95 is intringuing in itself.  Does anyone
know if this would work under COM that was ported to other another
architecture (my mind escapes me as to non-Win32's that support COM, but I
know there are some out there.

Marcus

On Thu, 30 Sep 1999, Araujo, Isaque G. wrote:

> Well, I downloaded the files from this site, but when I try to compile, it
> gives:
> C:\GCC-2.95\src\comexample2>make
> c++  -c  -Id:/src/w32api/include  -g -fvtable-thunks  cmpnt.cpp -o cmpnt.o
> ld: warning: cannot find entry symbol __cygwin_noncygwin_dll_entry@12;
> defaultin
> g to 6e381000
> c++  -o client.exe client.o guids.o -Ld:/src/w32api/lib -lole32 -luuid
>
> C:\GCC-2.95\src\comexample2>

* RE: Programming COM interfaces with C++
@ 1999-09-30  6:02 Araujo, Isaque G.
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Araujo, Isaque G. @ 1999-09-30  6:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'M. R. Brown', Araujo, Isaque G.; +Cc: cygwin