* user's guide
@ 1999-09-25 23:11 David R Fourer
From: David R Fourer @ 1999-09-25 23:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I'm using cygwin for studying C++ at C.U.
Boulder.  The g++ compiler is working just fine ! !

Apparently there is a user's guid for GDB and presumably for
other things like g++ and BASH.  Stuff on the web site is very brief and
refers me to other documents that I haven't found.  Also typing
"help" isn't giving me enough to go on, so if there are more
comprehensive files to download in HTML or text or whatever, please tell me
where to get them.

I'll take any other advice for getting a handle on the
basics.

Thanks for your help,

David Fourer
d4er@prodigy.net

* Re: user's guide
@ 1999-09-26 11:58 ` John Buffington
From: John Buffington @ 1999-09-26 11:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David R Fourer; +Cc: cygwin

At 12:15 AM 9/26/99 -0600, you wrote:

> I'm using cygwin for studying C++ at C.U. Boulder.  The g++ compiler is
> working just fine ! !
>
> Apparently there is a user's guid for GDB and presumably for other things
> like g++ and BASH.  Stuff on the web site is very brief and refers me to
> other documents that I haven't found.  Also typing "help" isn't giving me
> enough to go on, so if there are more comprehensive files to download in
HTML
> or text or whatever, please tell me where to get them.
>
> I'll take any other advice for getting a handle on the basics.
>
> Thanks for your help,
>
> David Fourer
> < mailto:d4er@prodigy.net >d4er@prodigy.net

Try
http://www.gnu.org/manual/manual.html
I've downloaded several of these to my local machine for
on-line reference. Really zips my development along.
Good luck

* Re: user's guide
@ 1999-09-30 23:42   ` John Buffington
From: John Buffington @ 1999-09-30 23:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David R Fourer; +Cc: cygwin

@ 1999-09-30 23:42 ` David R Fourer
From: David R Fourer @ 1999-09-30 23:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

@ 1999-10-31 19:54   ` John Buffington
From: John Buffington @ 1999-10-31 19:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David R Fourer; +Cc: cygwin

At 09:11 AM 10/10/99 -0600, you wrote:
>Thanks for your repy to my last message.  I got 3 replies!  Here's another
>question:
>
>Can I get the file "BUGS" without downloading all the sources for cygwin?
>if not, could you just e-mail me the file, if you have it?

<snip>

Sorry, I have not downloaded the sources. Perhaps one of the other
lurkers here will do this for you.

"No matter where you go, there you are." ......... Buckaroo Banzai

mailto:jbuff@pacific.net

* Re: user's guide
       [not found] <000801bf1331$b98fd680$1d879cd1@d4er>
@ 1999-10-10  9:49 ` John Buffington