* cygwin and WINE
@ 1999-12-31  6:01 Peter Dufault
From: Peter Dufault @ 1999-12-31  6:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi - first time caller.  Hopefully this hasn't been covered, I didn't
find it via searches.

I'd like to use the cygwin tools for testing compatability of some of
my software that end clients will use on cygwin under NT, however,
I want to test using WINE on FreeBSD.

However, the FULL.EXE binary release has the following
problem with the executables:

> C>gcc
>
> fixme:win32:PE_LoadImage FATAL: Need to relocate
> C:\cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\gcc.exe, but no relocation
> records present (stripped during link). Try to run that file directly !
> Systemmessage, messageid = 0x00000000

My understanding is that this is because wine at its current state
can't run the programs in separate address spaces and so needs to relocate
them.  Can anyone vouch for this?  Does anyone know of an unstripped
release?  I'm hoping to bootstrap this environment without going
near anything from MS, however, if I have to I'll bootstrap off a
Windows box.

(FULL.EXE has a similar problem, but if you just keep running the
failing programs directly it will install properly)

Peter

--
Peter Dufault (dufault@hda.com)   Realtime development, Machine control,
HD Associates, Inc.               Safety critical systems, Agency approval

* cygwin and WINE
@ 1999-12-31 13:28 ` Peter Dufault
From: Peter Dufault @ 1999-12-31 13:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin