From: Brian Inglis <Brian.Inglis@SystematicSw.ab.ca>
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Cc: Hartmut Bartels <dr.hartmut.bartels@googlemail.com>
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: cpuid 20220812
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2022 18:59:13 -0600	[thread overview]

Thanks for the report Helmut,

The issue has been confirmed, patched, and an update released.
The fixed release 20220812-2 should be available when your preferred
mirrors are next updated.

The release failed to detect the number of CPUs which resulted in no output.
The fixed release has been patched and the patch submitted upstream as
a suggested fix.
The Cygwin build process has had tests added, which will hopefully
prevent any recurrence, and those have been provided to upstream as a
suggestion for an enhancement to include build checks upstream.