From: Earnie Boyd <earnie_boyd@yahoo.com>
To: Kendall Bennett <KendallB@scitechsoft.com>, cygwin@sourceware.cygnus.com
Subject: Re: Undefined reference to '_ctype_'?
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 05:19:00 -0000	[thread overview]

--- Kendall Bennett <KendallB@scitechsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I just installed the an updated Cygwin snapshot as mentioned on the
> woodsoup page which is based on the 2000-01-05 snapshot. I installed
> this over a B20.1 installation that I had up and running with GCC
> 2.95.2 installed, make 3.78.1 and bash 2.03. After installing the
> snapshot files I then re-built make which worked fine. I then tried
> re-building bash but it kept bailing at the link stage with the
> following errors:
-8<-
> I read about this error needing the latest cygwin1.dll snapshot, so I
> downloaded and installed the 2000-02-24 snapshot dll (which for some
> reason when I unzip it with WinZip has a date of 2000-05-28?), but
> this made no difference.
>
> So how do I solve this problem? Do I need to use the latest snapshot
> and re-build all the libraries or something? Where are some readme
> instructions on how to download a snapshot, compile it and install it?

You need to download the latest cygwin-inst tarball and replace your existing
headers and libs.  If you have any libraries you've built of your own you'll
have to rebuild those.  The cygwin1.dll is backward compatible to the existing
executable only, and not the existing objects and libraries that make the
executable.

=====
---
   Earnie Boyd: < mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com >