* Re: Undefined reference to '_ctype_'?
@ 2000-02-25 16:11 Earnie Boyd
From: Earnie Boyd @ 2000-02-25 16:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kendall Bennett, Cygwin

--- Kendall Bennett <KendallB@scitechsoft.com> wrote:
> Earnie Boyd <earnie_boyd@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > You need to download the latest cygwin-inst tarball and replace
> > your existing headers and libs.  If you have any libraries you've
> > built of your own you'll have to rebuild those.  The cygwin1.dll is
> > backward compatible to the existing executable only, and not the
> > existing objects and libraries that make the executable.
>
> Ok. Someone has mentioned that the latest Cygwin snapshots are not
> very stable, so perhaps I should simply stick with the B20.1 release
> for now? Or is there a stable, later snapshot that I can install and
> use effectively (the latest DroolView one has the _ctype_ problems)?

I believe the DroolView uses a snapshot from January, 2000.  This would then be
the case that you need to have objects and libraries built with the runtime
headers for this snapshot.  I don't know if DroolView included the updated
headers.

> I am mainly interested in building X11 sources under Cygwin at the
> moment (so I can figure out the SGI OpenGL DDK without building on
> Linux ;-).

You might want to check the Cygwin-Xfree site and list:
http://sourceware.cygnus.com/cygwin/xfree/ .  I know that you need the newer
snapshots to work with the libraries from this page.

=====
---
   Earnie Boyd: < mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com >
            __Cygwin: POSIX on Windows__
Cygwin Newbies: < http://www.freeyellow.com/members5/gw32/index.html >
           __Minimalist GNU for Windows__
  Mingw32 List: < http://www.egroups.com/group/mingw32 >
    Mingw Home: (Coming Soon)

* Re: Undefined reference to '_ctype_'?
@ 2000-02-25 17:02 ` Kendall Bennett
From: Kendall Bennett @ 2000-02-25 17:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cygwin; +Cc: earnie_boyd

Earnie Boyd <earnie_boyd@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > Ok. Someone has mentioned that the latest Cygwin snapshots are not
> > very stable, so perhaps I should simply stick with the B20.1 release
> > for now? Or is there a stable, later snapshot that I can install and
> > use effectively (the latest DroolView one has the _ctype_ problems)?
>
> I believe the DroolView uses a snapshot from January, 2000.  This
> would then be the case that you need to have objects and libraries
> built with the runtime headers for this snapshot.  I don't know if
> DroolView included the updated headers.

Yes, it was the Jan 5th snapshot. Apparantly it does not have the
headers because I installed everything again and had the same problem.

> > I am mainly interested in building X11 sources under Cygwin at the
> > moment (so I can figure out the SGI OpenGL DDK without building on
> > Linux ;-).
>
> You might want to check the Cygwin-Xfree site and list:
> http://sourceware.cygnus.com/cygwin/xfree/ .  I know that you need
> the newer snapshots to work with the libraries from this page.

I have checked that. It says that I should use a new snapshot for
better socket support, but which snapshot should I use? From the ftp
site I see that the latest is 02-24, but some of the files only go up
to 02-21. Do I just get only the 02-21 stuff or do I get the latest
of everything?

Also are there instructions somewhere on how to install and compile
the snapshot stuff?

Regards,

|   SciTech Software - Building Truly Plug'n'Play Software!     |
| Kendall Bennett          | Email: KendallB@scitechsoft.com    |
| Director of Engineering  | Phone: (530) 894 8400              |
| SciTech Software, Inc.   | Fax  : (530) 894 9069              |
| 505 Wall Street          | ftp  : ftp.scitechsoft.com         |
| Chico, CA 95928, USA     | www  : http://www.scitechsoft.com  |

* Re: Undefined reference to '_ctype_'?
@ 2000-02-25 17:11   ` DJ Delorie
From: DJ Delorie @ 2000-02-25 17:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: KendallB; +Cc: cygwin, earnie_boyd

> Also are there instructions somewhere on how to install and compile
> the snapshot stuff?

The snapshots are intended for people working on cygwin itself.  While
occasionally people are directed to try the snapshots to see if they
fix a particular problem, this is not encouraged as a regular
practice.  Thus, there should be no need for instructions - either
you're working on cygwin and know what to do, or someone has told you
to get a snapshot, and they should give you suitable assistance.

Most people can get away with just installing the new dll to see if it
fixes the problem.  Developers may need the "inst" files, and replace
your installed files with the snapshot ones of the same name.

* Re: Undefined reference to '_ctype_'?
@ 2000-02-25 17:18     ` Kendall Bennett
                         ` (2 more replies)
From: Kendall Bennett @ 2000-02-25 17:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: DJ Delorie; +Cc: cygwin, earnie_boyd

Hi DJ,

> > Also are there instructions somewhere on how to install and compile
> > the snapshot stuff?
>
> The snapshots are intended for people working on cygwin itself.
> While occasionally people are directed to try the snapshots to see
> if they fix a particular problem, this is not encouraged as a
> regular practice.  Thus, there should be no need for instructions -
> either you're working on cygwin and know what to do, or someone has
> told you to get a snapshot, and they should give you suitable
> assistance.

Ok.

> Most people can get away with just installing the new dll to see
> if it fixes the problem.  Developers may need the "inst" files, and
> replace your installed files with the snapshot ones of the same
> name.

Well installing the latest DLL does not solve the problem because it
appears the headers and libs need to be changed or something. So I
suppose if the B20.1 works OK I should stick with it for the time
being, as I hear a new stable net release is pending soon?

But then again I might just spring for the CD so I can have someone
to yell at when things don't work ;-)

@ 2000-02-25 17:25       ` Chris Faylor
From: Chris Faylor @ 2000-02-25 17:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kendall Bennett; +Cc: cygwin

On Fri, Feb 25, 2000 at 05:21:16PM -0800, Kendall Bennett wrote:
>But then again I might just spring for the CD so I can have someone
>to yell at when things don't work ;-)

The CD does not come with support for developer-type questions,
unfortunately.  Only installation support is provided.

cgf

* Re: Undefined reference to '_ctype_'?
@ 2000-02-25 17:27       ` DJ Delorie
From: DJ Delorie @ 2000-02-25 17:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: KendallB; +Cc: cygwin, earnie_boyd

> Well installing the latest DLL does not solve the problem because it
> appears the headers and libs need to be changed or something. So I
> suppose if the B20.1 works OK I should stick with it for the time
> being, as I hear a new stable net release is pending soon?

We're working on the next net release, yes.  If B20 works, stick with
it for now.

> But then again I might just spring for the CD so I can have someone
> to yell at when things don't work ;-)

Only if they're install problems.  Our support doesn't go beyond that,
and rebuilding the tools on the cdrom itself.  We don't provide
commercial support for the DLL's API itself.

* RE: Undefined reference to '_ctype_'?
@ 2000-02-26 14:37   ` Suhaib M. Siddiqi
From: Suhaib M. Siddiqi @ 2000-02-26 14:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kendall Bennett, Cygwin; +Cc: earnie_boyd

> > You might want to check the Cygwin-Xfree site and list:
> > http://sourceware.cygnus.com/cygwin/xfree/ .  I know that you need
> > the newer snapshots to work with the libraries from this page.
>
> I have checked that. It says that I should use a new snapshot for
> better socket support, but which snapshot should I use? From the ftp
> site I see that the latest is 02-24, but some of the files only go up
> to 02-21. Do I just get only the 02-21 stuff or do I get the latest
> of everything?

Latest Snapshot I used for X11 compilation was Feb 21, 2000.
You should awlays install inst-xxxxx.tar.gz (the complete snapshot)
not just the Cygwin1.dll.

To install it in B20.1 tree, I always rename i686-pc-cygwin directory to
i586-cygwin32, after extraction, then copy all the directories to
H-i586-cygwin32.

Suhaib

@ 2000-02-26 14:42       ` Suhaib M. Siddiqi
From: Suhaib M. Siddiqi @ 2000-02-26 14:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kendall Bennett, DJ Delorie; +Cc: cygwin, earnie_boyd

> > Most people can get away with just installing the new dll to see
> > if it fixes the problem.  Developers may need the "inst" files, and
> > replace your installed files with the snapshot ones of the same
> > name.

As DJ mentioned, you need "inst" the copmplete snapshot.

> Well installing the latest DLL does not solve the problem because it
> appears the headers and libs need to be changed or something. So I
> suppose if the B20.1 works OK I should stick with it for the time
> being, as I hear a new stable net release is pending soon?

For X you can do that but make sure you define -D_NO_SYS_UN_H and
when some code failed to compile, you need to fix that.  I used
/dev/zero at a couple of places.  These were the reasons I recommend
to install Snapshot.

Anyway, pleople working on X compilation, and faces problems
SHOULD communicate via Cygwin-xfree mailing list, that is
why Cygwin-xfree mailing list is there, please.

Suhaib

@ 2000-03-03  9:22         ` DJ Delorie
From: DJ Delorie @ 2000-03-03  9:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: KendallB; +Cc: cygwin, glenn

> Hence the cygwin-inst and cygwin-src packages are only at the
> 19991206 level and not the 19991204 level. Should I get the 1206
> ones, so am I missing something here?

It's a subtle flaw in the system I use for building snapshots and
saving disk space.  I only update the full sources and installs once a
week or so; the rest of the time I only update the winsup sources and
the dll.  In theory, you should be able to merge the two to get
something useful, but as they're snapshots, most people don't.  Now
that cygwin is in CVS I may stop hosting older stuff completely, since
you can just check out the date you want from the cvs server.

* Re: Undefined reference to '_ctype_'?
@ 2000-03-03  9:14       ` Kendall Bennett
From: Kendall Bennett @ 2000-03-03  9:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin; +Cc: glenn

Glenn Spell <glenn@gs.fay.nc.us> wrote:

> > In my opinion, the most stable and the best-of-the-best all-time
> > Cygwin package was the 19991204 development snapshot.
> >
> > Unfortunately, it's not presently available.
>
> Correction, it's available from the CCP14 sites in the UK.
>
>   < http://sourceware.cygnus.com/cygwin/download.html >

I see only the following on this site:

cygwin1-19991204.dll.gz
cygwin-inst-19991201.tar.gz
cygwin-inst-19991206.tar.gz
cygwin-src-19991201.tar.gz
cygwin-src-19991206.tar.gz
winsup-src-19991204.tar.gz

@ 2000-02-27 22:51             ` Chris Faylor
From: Chris Faylor @ 2000-02-27 22:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Charles S. Wilson; +Cc: cygwin

On Mon, Feb 28, 2000 at 01:48:08AM -0500, Charles S. Wilson wrote:
>Chris Faylor wrote:
>> Anyway, the way that I debug the DLL is to put gdb and a "working" dll
>> in the same directory and then use that to debug a broken dll.  Since
>> Windows will find a DLL in the same directory as the executable, this
>> works fine.
>
>I did not know this. There have been so many warnings about "don't ever
>ever ever even *think* about having multiple cygwin.dll's on your
>system" that it never occurred to me.

It only really works with gdb and that is because gdb uses so little
of special cygwin things like fork/exec.

The general warning about avoiding multiple DLLs is still valid.

cgf

* Re: Undefined reference to '_ctype_'?
@ 2000-02-27 22:44           ` Charles S. Wilson
From: Charles S. Wilson @ 2000-02-27 22:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Chris Faylor wrote:

> My understanding was that, in this case, the problem was not that bash
> was inoperable.  It was that it was using a lot of CPU time.  That's
> doesn't mean that it isn't working.  Also, AFAICT, gdb should still work
> in this scenario even if bash is broken.

Well, in *my* case, bash hung forever while reading the .bashrc files,
AND used 100% CPU. The worst of both worlds.

> Anyway, the way that I debug the DLL is to put gdb and a "working" dll
> in the same directory and then use that to debug a broken dll.  Since
> Windows will find a DLL in the same directory as the executable, this
> works fine.

I did not know this. There have been so many warnings about "don't ever
ever ever even *think* about having multiple cygwin.dll's on your
system" that it never occurred to me.

> You can also get debugging output from the strace program.
>
> >Anyway, that's my "excuse".  I'm sure that many others were in the same
> >boat -- they wanted to help and wanted to provide useful debugging
> >info.  But the failure (bash) was in the critical path for obtaining
> >that info.  NOTE to others on the list: please, don't clutter the list
> >with me-too messages, even if this description matches your experience.
>
> Well, all you, or anyone, had to do was ask.

Yep. that is true.

--Chuck

* Re: Undefined reference to '_ctype_'?
@ 2000-02-27 21:51         ` Chris Faylor
From: Chris Faylor @ 2000-02-27 21:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Charles S. Wilson; +Cc: cygwin

@ 2000-02-27 15:56       ` Charles S. Wilson
From: Charles S. Wilson @ 2000-02-27 15:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Chris,

  You make a number of very good points in your recent message, and
I both sympathize and agree with your stance. However, I am one of
the folks who sent in a "bash is using 100% CPU" reports with no
debugging information.

> This week, I have spent considerable time trying to track down the
> various "bash is taking all of my CPU" problems despite the almost total
> lack of debugging information offered by any of the people reporting the
> problem.

I would have liked to send in debugging info -- but had no idea how to
do it. If I can't run bash, then I cannot run gdb either. Since the
native (microsoft-supplied) debugging tools are so poor, and cygwin-gdb
is not accessible, debugging a bash-related problem is quite a
challenge.
It's possible I suppose to use a mingw-based gdb to debug the
cygwin-based
bash, but I don't have mingw setup on my machine.

Anyway, that's my "excuse". I'm sure that many others were in the same
boat -- they wanted to help and wanted to provide useful debugging info.
But the failure (bash) was in the critical path for obtaining that info.
NOTE to others on the list: please, don't clutter the list with me-too
messages, even if this description matches your experience.

> For now, you're stuck with the volunteer efforts of myself, DJ, Corinna,
> Mumit, Sergey, Ron Parker, and a few others.  I don't expect that that
> will change any time soon, although, FWIW, you'll soon be seeing a
> "@cygnus.com" appended to Corinna's email address.

And I greatly appreciate the efforts of all the core developers in
providing
and developing such a great tool. Thank you.

--Chuck Wilson

* Re: Undefined reference to '_ctype_'?
@ 2000-02-27 12:47     ` Chris Faylor
From: Chris Faylor @ 2000-02-27 12:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cygwin

On Sat, Feb 26, 2000 at 04:06:30AM -0500, Glenn Spell wrote:
>On 25 Feb 2000 around  2:51PM (-0800) Kendall Bennett wrote:
>>Or is there a stable, later snapshot that I can install and
>>use effectively
>
>In my opinion, the most stable and the best-of-the-best all-time
>Cygwin package was the 19991204 development snapshot. I'd like
>to see that included with the new Net Release.
>
>bash-2.03$ uname -a
>CYGWIN_95-4.0 GS.FAY.NC.US   22.0(0.16/3/2) 1999-12-5 00:16:58 i586 unknown
>
>Unfortunately, it's not presently available.
>
>Someone (Earnie ?) mentioned that we might want keep that one like
>DJ did with the 19990115. Someone else stated that yes we might want
>to do that but not yet since keeping it would detract from checking
>out the later packages (apparently because 19991204 was so highly
>regarded and because development was changing focus from fixing bugs
>to something else) and concluded with the observation that besides,
>we still had plenty of time to make the decision about keeping it.

We are not going to have a >3 month old snapshot in the net release.

Your assessment of what happened in the mid-December time frame is
inaccurate.  What happened in mid-December is that I came up with a new
method for delivering signals in cygwin that has the potential of making
cygwin faster and more robust -- especially under Windows 95/98.

I spent considerable time retooling the signal code to use this new
method.  For the most part, it has been a success.  There are bugs to be
worked out, as I knew there would be.  Although it seemed to me that
most of the problems had been worked out by January.

I wanted people to try the new snapshots to work the bugs out.  I had
not interest in keeping a "stable" snapshot around because then people
would 1) not use the succeeding snapshots and 2) start reporting
problems in the "stable snapshot" that were fixed in modern versions.

Lately, the code has been through a second wave of modifications and is
relatively unstable as a result.

This week, I have spent considerable time trying to track down the
various "bash is taking all of my CPU" problems despite the almost total
lack of debugging information offered by any of the people reporting the
problem.

>Actually, what might be useful is a branch in development. One
>branch of "stable" and another branch of "cutting edge". The
>stable branch could be based on 19991204.

Sorry.  I have no interest in maintaining two separate branches.

>Perhaps Redhat would consider an increase in resource allocation
>for the Cygwin Project.

That's an interesting observation.  Why would Red Hat (two words) be
interested in doing this?  What would the financial motivation be?

And, what problem would you be attempting to solve here?  Are you
assuming that with more Cygwin engineers on staff we'll have more people
to answer the 525th repetition of the "What is this _ctype_ thing?" It's
extremely unlikely that, if Red Hat did hire more staff they would be
dedicated to answering questions in the mailing list.

It's also not likely that Red Hat would hire someone to do Cygwin net
releases.  Again, there is no financial justification to do this.

@ 2000-02-27  2:02     ` Glenn Spell
From: Glenn Spell @ 2000-02-27  2:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cygwin

On 26 Feb 2000 around  4:06AM (-0500) Glenn Spell wrote:

> On 25 Feb 2000 around  2:51PM (-0800) Kendall Bennett wrote:
>
> > Or is there a stable, later snapshot that I can install and
> > use effectively
>
> In my opinion, the most stable and the best-of-the-best all-time
> Cygwin package was the 19991204 development snapshot.
>
> Unfortunately, it's not presently available.

Correction, it's available from the CCP14 sites in the UK.

  < http://sourceware.cygnus.com/cygwin/download.html >

-glenn

* Re: Undefined reference to '_ctype_'?
@ 2000-02-26  1:07   ` Glenn Spell
From: Glenn Spell @ 2000-02-26  1:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cygwin

On 25 Feb 2000 around  2:51PM (-0800) Kendall Bennett wrote:

> Or is there a stable, later snapshot that I can install and
> use effectively

In my opinion, the most stable and the best-of-the-best all-time
Cygwin package was the 19991204 development snapshot. I'd like
to see that included with the new Net Release.

bash-2.03$ uname -a
CYGWIN_95-4.0 GS.FAY.NC.US   22.0(0.16/3/2) 1999-12-5 00:16:58 i586 unknown

Unfortunately, it's not presently available.

Someone (Earnie ?) mentioned that we might want keep that one like
DJ did with the 19990115. Someone else stated that yes we might want
to do that but not yet since keeping it would detract from checking
out the later packages (apparently because 19991204 was so highly
regarded and because development was changing focus from fixing bugs
to something else) and concluded with the observation that besides,
we still had plenty of time to make the decision about keeping it.

I kept the DLL but not the source because I figured I still had
plenty of time. <g> I do have the complete source for 19991124.

Does anyone still have the complete package for 19991204?
Can it be put up for download?

@ 2000-02-25 14:48   ` Kendall Bennett
From: Kendall Bennett @ 2000-02-25 14:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

> I think it is a compiler issue.  He needs the GCC-2.95.2 patches
> from devlepment snapshots from Mumit's ftp server

Actually I already have installed the latest GCC 2.95.2 patches from
mumits server before I started doing this. The procedure I used was:

 1. Install B20.1 full.exe
 2. Install snapshot files (latest DroolView)
 3. Install a patched scripts for install etc to handle EXE's
 4. Install make and build it (successful)
 5. Install bash and build it (failed)
 6. Grab latest cygwin1.dll and install it
 7. Install bash and build it (failed)

From: Kendall Bennett @ 2000-02-25 14:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cygwin

@ 2000-02-25 12:17 ` Suhaib M. Siddiqi
From: Suhaib M. Siddiqi @ 2000-02-25 12:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: earnie_boyd, Kendall Bennett, cygwin

> --- Kendall Bennett <KendallB@scitechsoft.com> wrote:
> > Hi Guys,
> >
> > I just installed the an updated Cygwin snapshot as mentioned on the
> > woodsoup page which is based on the 2000-01-05 snapshot. I installed
> > this over a B20.1 installation that I had up and running with GCC
> > 2.95.2 installed, make 3.78.1 and bash 2.03. After installing the
> > snapshot files I then re-built make which worked fine. I then tried
> > re-building bash but it kept bailing at the link stage with the
> > following errors:
> -8<-
> > I read about this error needing the latest cygwin1.dll snapshot, so I
> > downloaded and installed the 2000-02-24 snapshot dll (which for some
> > reason when I unzip it with WinZip has a date of 2000-05-28?), but
> > this made no difference.
> >
> > So how do I solve this problem? Do I need to use the latest snapshot
> > and re-build all the libraries or something? Where are some readme
> > instructions on how to download a snapshot, compile it and install it?

I think it is a compiler issue.  He needs the GCC-2.95.2 patches from
devlepment snapshots
from Mumit's ftp server or PGCC 2.95.2 for Developement snapshots from my
URL at
http:/siddiqi.webjump.com.  Note, mine PGCC 2.95.2 is totally unsupported,
as mentioned
at my URL.

Suhaib

@ 2000-02-25  5:19 Earnie Boyd
From: Earnie Boyd @ 2000-02-25  5:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kendall Bennett, cygwin

@ 2000-02-24 23:20 N8TM
From: N8TM @ 2000-02-24 23:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: KendallB, cygwin

In a message dated 2/24/2000 10:20:34 PM Pacific Standard Time,
KendallB@scitechsoft.com writes:

> Do I need to use the latest snapshot
>  and re-build all the libraries or something? Where are some readme
>  instructions on how to download a snapshot, compile it and install it?

AFAIK the most evident solutions to adapting the compiler to the newer style
ctype scheme are to install the appropriate pre-built compiler from Mumit
Khan's collection ( http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan ) or to go through the
cross-build (--host=i586-cygwin32 --target=i586-pc-cygwin32) and bootstrap
procedure. My version of these instructions is at
http://members.aol.com/n8tm/cygwingccg77.htm , and Mumit has given some also.
But right now I need to find a way to rejoin the ranks of the employed.

Tim
tprince@computer.org

* Undefined reference to '_ctype_'?
@ 2000-02-24 22:18   ` Kendall Bennett
From: Kendall Bennett @ 2000-02-24 22:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi Guys,

I just installed the an updated Cygwin snapshot as mentioned on the
woodsoup page which is based on the 2000-01-05 snapshot. I installed
this over a B20.1 installation that I had up and running with GCC
2.95.2 installed, make 3.78.1 and bash 2.03. After installing the
snapshot files I then re-built make which worked fine. I then tried
re-building bash but it kept bailing at the link stage with the
following errors:

gcc -L./builtins -L./lib/readline -L./lib/readline -L./lib/glob -
L./lib/tilde -L
./lib/malloc -L./lib/sh    -g -O2 -o bash shell.o eval.o y.tab.o
general.o make_
cmd.o print_cmd.o  dispose_cmd.o execute_cmd.o variables.o copy_cmd.o
error.o ex
pr.o flags.o jobs.o subst.o hashcmd.o hashlib.o mailcheck.o trap.o
input.o unwin
d_prot.o pathexp.o sig.o test.o version.o alias.o array.o braces.o
bracecomp.o b
ashhist.o bashline.o siglist.o list.o stringlib.o locale.o findcmd.o
redir.o xma
lloc.o -lbuiltins -lreadline -lhistory -ltermcap -lglob -ltilde -
lmalloc -lsh -l
user32
/cygdrive/c/c/CYGWIN~1/H-I586~1/bin/../lib/gcc-lib/i586-
cygwin32/2.95.2/../../..
/libtermcap.a(tputs.o): In function `tputs':
/home/noer/src/b20/comp-tools/devo/libtermcap/tputs.c:72: undefined
reference to
 `_ctype_'
/home/noer/src/b20/comp-tools/devo/libtermcap/tputs.c:75: undefined
reference to
 `_ctype_'
/home/noer/src/b20/comp-tools/devo/libtermcap/tputs.c:80: undefined
reference to
 `_ctype_'
/cygdrive/c/c/CYGWIN~1/H-I586~1/bin/../lib/gcc-lib/i586-
cygwin32/2.95.2/../../..
/libtermcap.a(termcap.o): In function `tgetent':
/home/noer/src/b20/comp-tools/devo/libtermcap/termcap.c:251:
undefined reference
 to `_ctype_'
/cygdrive/c/c/CYGWIN~1/H-I586~1/bin/../lib/gcc-lib/i586-
cygwin32/2.95.2/../../..
/libtermcap.a(getcap.o): In function `cgetnext':
/home/noer/src/b20/comp-tools/devo/libtermcap/getcap.c:686: undefined
reference
to `_ctype_'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [bash] Error 1