* Re: Can Perl Run from Shebang Line on BASH Shell on Windows 98 Computer?
@ 2000-03-03 11:56 Earnie Boyd
From: Earnie Boyd @ 2000-03-03 11:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: James E Keenan, cygwin

--- James E Keenan <jkeen@concentric.net> wrote:
> I am having problems running Perl on my Windows 98 machine using the Cygwin
> B-32 BASH shell. While I can run Perl from the command line, I cannot yet get
> "stand-alone" Perl programs to run, i.e., programs where Perl runs not
> because the command "perl -e" is evoked in the first position on the command
> line but rather because the ".pl" file itself has information concerning the
> location of the Perl interpreter on the computer.
>
> Installation:             Perl version 5.005_03 built for MSWin32-x86-objec.
> Binary build 522 from ActiveState Tool Corp.

NON-CYGWIN programs will not know about the Cygwin mounted paths.  You will
need to use an absolute DOS path for the here document.  You will need to do
something like:

#! c:\\program\ folder\\perl\\bin\\perl

Caveat: Untested.

=====
---
   Earnie Boyd: < mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com >
            __Cygwin: POSIX on Windows__
Cygwin Newbies: < http://www.freeyellow.com/members5/gw32/index.html >
           __Minimalist GNU for Windows__
  Mingw32 List: < http://www.egroups.com/group/mingw32/ >
    Mingw Home: < http://www.mingw.org/ >

* Can Perl Run from Shebang Line on BASH Shell on Windows 98 Computer?
@ 2000-03-02 19:04 James E Keenan
From: James E Keenan @ 2000-03-02 19:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin