* Re: EGCS 20000228
@ 2000-03-07 20:35 Robert McNulty junior
From: Robert McNulty junior @ 2000-03-07 20:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

>On Tue, Mar 07, 2000 at 06:05:39PM -0600, Robert McNulty junior wrote:
>>Is it possible to build EGCS under Cygwin?
>>I just tried last night.
>>So far, EGCS 1.1.2 gave me the same errors.
>>Forgot the what the errors were.
>
>Hmm.  I know that it works fine but I forgot how to build it.
>
>Hope this helps.
>
>cgf
>
>--

Well, I feel ten inches smaller and dumber.
I just tried it with a fresh Cygwin B20-1.
Now, sh give me errors while making the compiler.
Should i add "no-cygwin" to the makefile and try again?

* Re: EGCS 20000228
@ 2000-03-07 20:39 ` Chris Faylor
From: Chris Faylor @ 2000-03-07 20:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Tue, Mar 07, 2000 at 10:34:31PM -0600, Robert McNulty junior wrote:

>>On Tue, Mar 07, 2000 at 06:05:39PM -0600, Robert McNulty junior wrote:
>>>Is it possible to build EGCS under Cygwin?
>>>I just tried last night.
>>>So far, EGCS 1.1.2 gave me the same errors.
>>>Forgot the what the errors were.
>>
>>Hmm.  I know that it works fine but I forgot how to build it.
>>
>>Hope this helps.
>
>Well, I feel ten inches smaller and dumber.  I just tried it with a
>fresh Cygwin B20-1.  Now, sh give me errors while making the compiler.

Ok.  Let's try the serious approach this time.

You need to provide more details if you want someone to help you.  "give
me errors" is not enough of a clue for anyone to diagnose whatever problem
you're having.

The actual error messages that you're seeing would be a good first start
to debugging your problem.

-Chris Faylor
-Cygwin Engineering Manager
-Cygnus Solutions, A Red Hat Company

* Re: EGCS 20000228
@ 2000-03-08 18:39 ` Brendan J Simon
From: Brendan J Simon @ 2000-03-08 18:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Robert McNulty junior; +Cc: cygwin

Robert McNulty junior wrote:

> How do I save the errors to a file so i can send them out?
> Actaully, i think its where I tried to use bootstrap and it made it all the
> way to alloca.c and crashed (error 2 is what makefile said)
> I'll start over in the compiling and saving the message.

Using the bash shell redirection opertators.
make > make.log 2>&1 should redirect stdout and stderr to a file called
make.log.

Brendan Simon.

* Re: EGCS 20000228
@ 2000-03-07 20:46 Robert McNulty junior

>>>Hmm.  I know that it works fine but I forgot how to build it.
>>>
>>>Hope this helps.
>>
>>Well, I feel ten inches smaller and dumber.  I just tried it with a
>>fresh Cygwin B20-1.  Now, sh give me errors while making the compiler.
>
>Ok.  Let's try the serious approach this time.
>
>You need to provide more details if you want someone to help you.  "give
>me errors" is not enough of a clue for anyone to diagnose whatever problem
>you're having.
>
>The actual error messages that you're seeing would be a good first start
>to debugging your problem.
>
>-Chris Faylor
>-Cygwin Engineering Manager
>-Cygnus Solutions, A Red Hat Company
>
>--

* Re: EGCS 20000228
@ 2000-03-07 19:01 ` Chris Faylor
From: Chris Faylor @ 2000-03-07 19:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Tue, Mar 07, 2000 at 06:05:39PM -0600, Robert McNulty junior wrote:
>Is it possible to build EGCS under Cygwin?
>I just tried last night.
>So far, EGCS 1.1.2 gave me the same errors.
>Forgot the what the errors were.

Hmm.  I know that it works fine but I forgot how to build it.

Hope this helps.

cgf

* EGCS 20000228
@ 2000-03-07 16:06 Robert McNulty junior
From: Robert McNulty junior @ 2000-03-07 16:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Is it possible to build EGCS under Cygwin?
I just tried last night.
So far, EGCS 1.1.2 gave me the same errors.
Forgot the what the errors were.
I am going to try and build it again. Got it up and running under Linux.
On an Intel Pentium 166 MHZ, no less. Sigh. To be a hacker again.
Robert