* RE: net release 1.1.0 (was: about the id -Gn)
@ 2000-03-27 10:23 John Wiersba
From: John Wiersba @ 2000-03-27 10:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'cygwin@sourceware.cygnus.com'

When you say B20.1 you must mean some relatively recent version of the
snapshots, I presume?  So, in effect, v1.1.0 will be B20.2  or B21.0  (i.e.
it won't be B20.1) ?

-- John Wiersba

* Re: net release 1.1.0 (was: about the id -Gn)
@ 2000-03-27 10:28 ` Chris Faylor
From: Chris Faylor @ 2000-03-27 10:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'cygwin@sourceware.cygnus.com'

On Mon, Mar 27, 2000 at 01:18:55PM -0500, John Wiersba wrote:
> [...]

I mean "B20.1".  The last net release.  This is the standard package
that people download.  This has nothing to do with snapshots.

cgf

* Re: net release 1.1.0 (was: about the id -Gn)
@ 2000-03-27 10:30 Steve Jorgensen
From: Steve Jorgensen @ 2000-03-27 10:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

	Just curious, but talk of this net release has been
	going on for quite a while now.  When are we actually
	going to see it?

					Steve

> On Mon, Mar 27, 2000 at 01:18:55PM -0500, John Wiersba wrote:

Steven Jorgensen      steve@khoral.com	 steve@spukhaus.com

* Re: net release 1.1.0 (was: about the id -Gn)
@ 2000-03-27 10:10 Earnie Boyd
From: Earnie Boyd @ 2000-03-27 10:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

--- Chris Faylor <cgf@cygnus.com> wrote:
-8<-

> The net release will contain the same things that are in B20.1.  We will not
> be providing any additional packages, such as those found on the CD, at this
> time.

But, because of the restructure it would be conceivable that contributed
packages could be added.  Isn't this correct?

=====
---
   Earnie Boyd: < mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com >
            __Cygwin: POSIX on Windows__
Cygwin Newbies: < http://www.freeyellow.com/members5/gw32/index.html >
           __Minimalist GNU for Windows__
  Mingw32 List: < http://www.egroups.com/group/mingw32/ >
    Mingw Home: < http://www.mingw.org/ >

* Re: net release 1.1.0 (was: about the id -Gn)
@ 2000-03-27 10:07 Earnie Boyd
From: Earnie Boyd @ 2000-03-27 10:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Wiersba, cygwin

--- John Wiersba <John.Wiersba@medstat.com> wrote:
> > Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > >
> > > Neither with b20.1 nor with 1.0
> > > But it's already possible with the developer snapshots and so
> > > it will be possible in the next net release (1.1.0), too.
>
> I've seen a few references to an impending net release.  Does "net release"
> mean a release that is freely downloadable over the net?  If so, is there a
> freely downloadable v1.0 release corresponding to the v1.0 CDROM release?

Not per se but the snapshots for sometime were labeled as v1.0.  The v1.1 will
be a "Net Release", i.e.: You can use ftp to download it.  The next "Net
Release" after v1.1 will be v1.3 regardless of if v1.2 exists.  It will be
intended that version with odd minor release be the net release and version
with even minor release be the retail release.

=====
---

@ 2000-03-27 10:02 ` Chris Faylor
From: Chris Faylor @ 2000-03-27 10:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

@ 2000-03-27  9:58 John Wiersba
From: John Wiersba @ 2000-03-27  9:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

> Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >
> > Neither with b20.1 nor with 1.0
> > But it's already possible with the developer snapshots and so
> > it will be possible in the next net release (1.1.0), too.

I've seen a few references to an impending net release.  Does "net release"
mean a release that is freely downloadable over the net?  If so, is there a
freely downloadable v1.0 release corresponding to the v1.0 CDROM release?

If there is no free release of v1.0, will there be a free release of the
above-mentioned v1.1.0?

Thanks,
John Wiersba

"Cygwin: don't leave unix without it!"