* Re: Where is 'info'?
@ 2000-04-11  1:55 Menczel Laszlo
From: Menczel Laszlo @ 2000-04-11  1:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Chris Faylor <cgf@cygnus.com> wrote:

> >hard disk space!) is just as useful now as legs on fishes.
>
> Try subjecting your fish to a few hundred years of evolution.
> I'll bet those legs will eventually prove to be very handy.
>
> Let us all know how it turns out!

More like a few hundred millions, and you couldn't recognize
it aa a fish any more. Alas, I don't have the time...

Laszlo Menczel

* Re: Where is 'info'?
@ 2000-04-11  4:57 ` Chris Faylor
From: Chris Faylor @ 2000-04-11  4:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Tue, Apr 11, 2000 at 10:56:30AM +0100, Menczel Laszlo wrote:
>Chris Faylor <cgf@cygnus.com> wrote:
>
>> >hard disk space!) is just as useful now as legs on fishes.
>>
>> Try subjecting your fish to a few hundred years of evolution.
>> I'll bet those legs will eventually prove to be very handy.
>>
>> Let us all know how it turns out!
>
>More like a few hundred millions, and you couldn't recognize
>it aa a fish any more. Alas, I don't have the time...

I can't believe that I forgot to add the word "millions" to my email.  I
was debating over billions and then thought that hundreds of millions
was more accurate.  So I typed "hundreds" instead.  Sheesh.

cgf

* Re: Where is 'info'?
@ 2000-04-10  8:42 ` Chris Faylor
From: Chris Faylor @ 2000-04-10  8:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Mon, Apr 10, 2000 at 04:15:00PM +0100, Menczel Laszlo wrote:
>I installed the man/info package for cygwin. However,
>'info' seems to be missing (bash just hung when I tried
>the command). Well, all the nice stuff (8 MB of my precious
>hard disk space!) is just as useful now as legs on fishes.
>
>Any advice would be appreciated.

Try subjecting your fish to a few hundred years of evolution.
I'll bet those legs will eventually prove to be very handy.

Let us all know how it turns out!

cgf

* Where is 'info'?
@ 2000-04-10  7:16 Menczel Laszlo
From: Menczel Laszlo @ 2000-04-10  7:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi,

I installed the man/info package for cygwin. However,
'info' seems to be missing (bash just hung when I tried
the command). Well, all the nice stuff (8 MB of my precious
hard disk space!) is just as useful now as legs on fishes.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Laszlo Menczel
Biological Research Center
Szeged, Hungary

* Where is info?
@ 1999-05-31 21:10 ` John Fletcher
From: John Fletcher @ 1999-05-31 21:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I have been installing octave-2.0.13 from the distribution, onto a
computer with cygwin B19 installed, including compilers.

When I try to run the help index it cannot find info, which seems not
to be in either octave or the B19 distribution.

Where do I get info for cygwin B19?

Thanks

John

* Where is info?