* cygwin problem
@ 2000-05-02 18:45 Bryan Higgins
From: Bryan Higgins @ 2000-05-02 18:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Installed the latest "by hand," everything but tcl/tk.  When I try to use the
info command I get the message info: dir: Invalid argument.  Any ideas?

* Re: cygwin problem
@ 2000-05-02 18:47 ` Chris Faylor
From: Chris Faylor @ 2000-05-02 18:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Tue, May 02, 2000 at 06:45:11PM -0700, Bryan Higgins wrote:
>Installed the latest "by hand," everything but tcl/tk.  When I try to use the
>info command I get the message info: dir: Invalid argument.  Any ideas?

Yes.  Read the cygwin mailing list.  About three messages back.

cgf

* Re: Cygwin problem
@ 2005-06-21 13:59 ` Andrew Schulman
From: Andrew Schulman @ 2005-06-21 13:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

> I have a problem with cygwin. I wanted to install on my PC cygwin with the UNIX text mode.
> I don't know why because I tried it many times but cygwin after installing is working allways
> in the DOS text mode. Furthermore, the most basic functions like "ls" or "dir" aren't
> working. I need to cygwin for NS-2 (Network Simulator).  Please help me!!!

In addition to what Larry said, please consider writing a useful
subject.  "Cygwin problem" could describe 90% of the traffic on this
list.

* Re: Cygwin problem
@ 2005-06-20 22:27 ` Larry Hall
From: Larry Hall @ 2005-06-20 22:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: michald, cygwin

At 05:26 PM 6/20/2005, you wrote:

>Hello
>
>I have a problem with cygwin. I wanted to install on my PC cygwin with the UNIX text mode.
>I don't know why because I tried it many times but cygwin after installing is working allways
>in the DOS text mode. Furthermore, the most basic functions like "ls" or "dir" aren't
>working. I need to cygwin for NS-2 (Network Simulator).  Please help me!!!

Please read and follow the problem reporting guidelines from the link below:

Holliston, MA 01746

* Cygwin problem
@ 2005-06-20 22:08 michald
From: michald @ 2005-06-20 22:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hello

I have a problem with cygwin. I wanted to install on my PC cygwin with the UNIX text mode.
I don't know why because I tried it many times but cygwin after installing is working allways
in the DOS text mode. Furthermore, the most basic functions like "ls" or "dir" aren't
working. I need to cygwin for NS-2 (Network Simulator).  Please help me!!!

Thanks

* RE: cygwin problem
@ 2004-05-17 13:31 Richard Campbell
From: Richard Campbell @ 2004-05-17 13:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pablo Orduña Fernández, cygwin

Please just email the list directly, not me personally.  Redirected to the list.

> I have just read at http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2004-02/msg01336.html
> that you had a problem with cygwin like:
>     28 [main] ? 2608 init_cheap: Couldn't reserve space for cygwin's heap, Win3
>c:\cygwin\bin\cygpath.exe (2608): *** AllocationBase 0x0, BaseAddress 0x616A0000
>, RegionSize 0x1AE0000, State 0x10000
>
>So I was just wondering if you got the answer, and if you got it, could
>you please tell me what's the answer? I never had seen this message
>before, and at the web I don't find enough info about it.

If you check the archives, my original problem went away after updating my
Windows install to all of the latest updates.  The problem was also fixed
for others between 1.5.9 and 1.5.10 cygwin dll versions, IIRC, so I suggest
updating your cygwin install and possibly trying a snapshot.

-Richard Campbell.

* RE: cygwin problem
@ 2003-10-07 21:29   ` Hannu E K Nevalainen
From: Jason Tishler @ 2003-10-07 21:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: conrad; +Cc: Cygwin

Conrad,

Please post instead of sending private email.

On Tue, Oct 07, 2003 at 07:21:47PM +0200, conrad@audiob.com wrote:
> I saw you are active on XP questions on the unoffical cygwin
> newsgroup. I hope you dont mind me emailing you direct, but I dont
> know who to ask!

get help.

> I have a problem installing cygwin on XP pro .. it ALWAYS hangs at 99%
> complete on the "xfree32-icons" component, and when I cancel the
> install it always says "installation complete" in a popup.
>
> Ok I can't uninstall it or install it through the setup.exe now. Both
> hang.  So I uninstalled the whole thing (manually in the registry and
> everything= restarted, and guess what .. hangns at xfree32-icons... it
> hangs for hours.  BTW I disabled Norton.
>
> Please help?

Jason

* Re: Cygwin problem...
@ 2002-11-20 18:34 ` Igor Pechtchanski
From: Igor Pechtchanski @ 2002-11-20 18:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: SonyMaster; +Cc: cygwin

On Wed, 20 Nov 2002 SonyMaster@aol.com wrote:

> If I installed Cygwin on a computer, burned it to another computer
> should it work? It doesn't for me.

By "burning it", I assume you copy the full cygwin directory tree from the
source machine to the same root directory on the target machine.  The
following three steps should get you a working installation in most cases:

- Make sure c:\cygwin\bin is in the path on the target machine (if it was
  in the path on the source machine; substitute "c:\cygwin" by your Cygwin
  root directory if it's different).

- Copy over the value of the CYGWIN environment variable (if you had one
  on the source machine).

- On the host computer, in bash, type:
  $ echo 'path c:\cygwin\bin' > a:/mounts.bat
  $ mount -m >> a:/mounts.bat
  On the target computer, execute mounts.bat.
  Again, if your Cygwin root directory is not in c:\cygwin, replace
  c:\cygwin by your actual root.

This should do if you have a simple install of Cygwin.  If you had
services running on the host machine, you will need to duplicate the
service installation on the target machine.  You may also need to move
some registry keys, but if you knew enough to create/modify them in the
first place, you should know what they are.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

"Water molecules expand as they grow warmer" (C) Popular Science, Oct'02, p.51

* Re: cygwin problem...
@ 2002-11-20 17:27 ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2002-11-20 17:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 07:32:55PM -0500, SonyMaster@aol.com wrote:
>If I installed Cygwin on a computer, burned it to another computer
>should it work?  It doesn't for me.

http://cygwin.com/bugs.html

cgf

* Cygwin problem...
@ 2002-11-20 16:57 SonyMaster
From: SonyMaster @ 2002-11-20 16:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

@ 2001-12-20  3:46 ` Pavel Tsekov
From: Pavel Tsekov @ 2001-12-20  3:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: AChan; +Cc: cygwin

AChan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have just downloaded all files from the nasa site. A shortcut was
> created on my desktop but when I click on it, the window says Bad
> command or file. I could not open any downloaded file.

This indicates that you haven't downloaded all the files :) Run
setup.exe
and see if the bash package is installed. Also you can check if there is
bash.exe in you cygwin bin directory i.e. C:\cygwin\bin - replace
C:\cygwin with the actual path where you installed cygwin.

* cygwin problem
@ 2001-12-20  3:22 AChan
From: AChan @ 2001-12-20  3:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi,

I have just downloaded all files from the nasa site. A shortcut was
created on my desktop but when I click on it, the window says Bad
command or file. I could not open any downloaded file.

Could someone give me a hand on this?

Thanx

Anne

* Re: cygwin problem
@ 2001-08-31  9:11   ` Andrew Markebo
From: Andrew Markebo @ 2001-08-31  9:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mohammad Saleem; +Cc: andrew.markebo, cygwin

Suggestion, clean it up, follow the uninstallation instructions in the
FAQ (hey second time in a short period me mentioning it)
http://www.cygwin.com/faq/faq.html#SEC15 , reinstall cygwin into
c:\cygwin, don't touch c:\unix!! see if cygwin works, then you can
start experimenting with c:\unix.

/ Mohammad Saleem <mohammad_saleem_1999@yahoo.com> wrote:
| Hello again,
|
| Actually, I have installed gnu software to generate
| a gcc cross compiler and
| c:\unix
| under this director i.e. /gcc-ppc
| I would like to have gcc powerPc compiler.

This is nothing we know of here.. How come you mix it up with cygwin?
Do the powerpc compiler need cygwin or??

        /Andy

--
 The eye of the beholder rests on the beauty!

* Re: cygwin problem
@ 2001-08-31  8:27       ` Andrew Markebo
From: Andrew Markebo @ 2001-08-31  8:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mohammad Saleem; +Cc: cygwin

The mounttable doesn't look good

[ ...cygcheck... Great tool!! :-) ]

| C:\cygwin\bin  /usr/bin  user    binmode
| C:\cygwin\lib  /usr/lib  user    binmode
| c:\unix  /        user    binmode
| c:    /cygdrive/c  user    binmode,noumount
| e:    /cygdrive/e  user    binmode,noumount

Something spiffy here, / should be mapped to c:\cygwin

| Found: C:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe
| Found: c:\unix\bin\bash.exe
| Warning: C:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe hides
| c:\unix\bin\bash.exe

And ahh.. hmm where does c:\unix come from?? Smells like some other
toolkit doing errors..

        /Andy

--

       [not found] <A1210B776A59D31181050090277251A10295394C@aalmo.telelogic.com>
@ 2001-08-31  5:06 ` Mohammad Saleem
From: Mohammad Saleem @ 2001-08-31  5:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: andrew.markebo, mohammad_saleem_1999; +Cc: cygwin

Hello again,

Actually, I have installed gnu software to generate
a gcc cross compiler and
c:\unix
under this director i.e. /gcc-ppc
I would like to have gcc powerPc compiler.

I used add/remove icon from control panel to remove
the
cygnus old version and this directoy became empty
efter
uninstall.
The only thing which might be possible when a program
register itself. There may be something wrong(just
guess)
and I am naive in this regard that how to unregister a
program.

mvh
/Mohammad

--- andrew.markebo@telelogic.com wrote:
> Hello!
>
> My other connection died so I answer you this way,
> maybe you can forward it
> to the list if you want..
>
> your mountpoints
>
> | C:\cygwin\bin  /usr/bin  user    binmode
> | C:\cygwin\lib  /usr/lib  user    binmode
> | c:\unix  /        user    binmode
> | c:    /cygdrive/c  user    binmode,noumount
> | e:    /cygdrive/e  user    binmode,noumount
>
> Hmm something looks wrong here... it probably wants
> to find
> /usr/i686.., /usr/etc, /usr/include.. Where does
> c:\unix come from?
>
> My mountpoints looks like:
> C:\cygwin\bin on /usr/bin type system (binmode)
> C:\cygwin\lib on /usr/lib type system (binmode)
> C:\cygwin on / type system (binmode)
>
> Which commands doesn't work, and when.. and where
> :-)
>
> Regarding old cygwin, have you removed everything
> from c:\gnuwin32 (the old
> full.exe installation)
>
> 	/Andy

* Re: cygwin problem
@ 2001-08-31  3:59     ` Mohammad Saleem
From: Mohammad Saleem @ 2001-08-31  3:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Markebo, Mohammad Saleem; +Cc: cygwin

Hi again,
I am using winNT 4.0

Further I thing I would like to mention that I have
had full.exe version of cygwin also which I uninstall
through Add/remove icon from control panel.
I mention this, may be full.exe is not fully
unistalled.

Here comes output of command:
cygcheck -s -v

***********************************

Cygnus Win95/NT Configuration Diagnostics
Current System Time: Fri Aug 31 13:01:47 2001

WinNT Ver 4.0 build 1381 Service Pack 6

Path:	/usr/local/bin
	/usr/bin
	/bin
	/cygdrive/c/WINNT/system32
	/cygdrive/c/WINNT
	/cygdrive/c/pavfn/platinum/

SysDir: C:\WINNT\System32
WinDir: C:\WINNT

PWD = `/build/binutils'
USER = `Administrator'
MAKE_MODE = `unix'
HOME = `/home/Administrator'

NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS = `1'
PROMPT = `$P$G'
LOGONSERVER = `\\BERTA'
OS2LIBPATH = `C:\WINNT\system32\os2\dll;'
COMSPEC = `C:\WINNT\system32\cmd.exe'
!C: = `C:\cygwin\bin'
SYSTEMDRIVE = `C:'
HOSTNAME = `MOSA-MOB'
PROCESSOR_REVISION = `0803'
PATHEXT =
`.COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH'
COMPUTERNAME = `MOSA-MOB'
WINDIR = `C:\WINNT'
USERPROFILE = `C:\WINNT\Profiles\mosa'
PS1 = `\[\033]0;\w\007
\033[32m\]\u@\h \[\033[33m\w\033[0m\]
$ '
MACHTYPE = `i686-pc-cygwin'
PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER = `x86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping
3, GenuineIntel'
OS = `Windows_NT'
OLDPWD = `/sources'
PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE = `x86'
TEMP = `/cygdrive/c/TEMP'
PROCESSOR_LEVEL = `6'
SYSTEMROOT = `C:\WINNT'
TMP = `/cygdrive/c/TEMP'
HOMEDRIVE = `C:'
SHLVL = `1'
HOMEPATH = `\'
USERDOMAIN = `ENEA'
USERNAME = `mosa'
SHELL = `/bin/bash'
HOSTTYPE = `i686'
OSTYPE = `cygwin'
TERM = `cygwin'
_ = `/usr/bin/cygcheck'
TZ = `WEST-1WEDT-2,M3.5.0/2,M10.5.0/3'

Use `-r' to scan registry

a:  fd           N/A    N/A
c:  hd  NTFS    4000Mb  36% CP CS UN PA FC
e:  hd  NTFS    1725Mb   8% CP CS UN PA FC

C:\cygwin\bin  /usr/bin  user    binmode
C:\cygwin\lib  /usr/lib  user    binmode
c:\unix  /        user    binmode
c:    /cygdrive/c  user    binmode,noumount
e:    /cygdrive/e  user    binmode,noumount

Found: C:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe
Found: c:\unix\bin\bash.exe
Warning: C:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe hides
c:\unix\bin\bash.exe
Found: C:\cygwin\bin\cat.exe
Found: C:\cygwin\bin\cpp.exe
Found: C:\cygwin\bin\find.exe
Found: C:\cygwin\bin\gcc.exe
Found: C:\cygwin\bin\gdb.exe
Found: C:\cygwin\bin\ld.exe
Found: C:\cygwin\bin\ls.exe
Found: C:\cygwin\bin\make.exe
Found: C:\cygwin\bin\sh.exe
Found: c:\unix\bin\sh.exe
Warning: C:\cygwin\bin\sh.exe hides c:\unix\bin\sh.exe

   56k 2000/12/03 C:\cygwin\bin\cygbz21.0.dll - os=4.0
img=1.0 sys=4.0
                  "cygbz21.0.dll" v0.0 ts=2000/11/21
0:53
   45k 2001/04/25 C:\cygwin\bin\cygform5.dll - os=4.0
img=1.0 sys=4.0
                  "cygform5.dll" v0.0 ts=2001/4/25
7:28
   18k 2000/10/23 C:\cygwin\bin\cyggdbm.dll - os=4.0
img=1.0 sys=4.0
                  "cyggdbm.dll" v0.0 ts=2000/10/23
4:26
   17k 2001/06/28 C:\cygwin\bin\cyghistory4.dll -
os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
                  "cyghistory4.dll" v0.0 ts=2001/1/7
5:34
   21k 2001/06/28 C:\cygwin\bin\cyghistory5.dll -
os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
                  "cyghistory5.dll" v0.0 ts=2001/6/28
4:27
   21k 2001/06/20 C:\cygwin\bin\cygintl.dll - os=4.0
img=1.0 sys=4.0
                  "cygintl.dll" v0.0 ts=2001/6/20
19:09
   81k 2000/12/05 C:\cygwin\bin\cygitcl30.dll - os=4.0
img=1.0 sys=4.0
                  "cygitcl30.dll" v0.0 ts=2000/11/26
2:43
   35k 2000/12/05 C:\cygwin\bin\cygitk30.dll - os=4.0
img=1.0 sys=4.0
                  "cygitk30.dll" v0.0 ts=2000/11/26
2:43
   45k 2001/07/04 C:\cygwin\bin\cygjbig1.dll - os=4.0
img=1.0 sys=4.0
                  "cygjbig1.dll" v0.0 ts=2001/7/4 5:25
  119k 2001/06/06 C:\cygwin\bin\cygjpeg6b.dll - os=4.0
img=1.0 sys=4.0
                  "cygjpeg6b.dll" v0.0 ts=2001/6/6
6:27
   26k 2001/04/25 C:\cygwin\bin\cygmenu5.dll - os=4.0
img=1.0 sys=4.0
                  "cygmenu5.dll" v0.0 ts=2001/4/25
7:27
  156k 2001/04/25 C:\cygwin\bin\cygncurses++5.dll -
os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
                  "cygncurses++5.dll" v0.0
ts=2001/4/25 7:29
  226k 2001/04/25 C:\cygwin\bin\cygncurses5.dll -
os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
                  "cygncurses5.dll" v0.0 ts=2001/4/25
7:17
   15k 2001/04/25 C:\cygwin\bin\cygpanel5.dll - os=4.0
img=1.0 sys=4.0
                  "cygpanel5.dll" v0.0 ts=2001/4/25
7:27
  163k 2001/05/06 C:\cygwin\bin\cygpng2.dll - os=4.0
img=1.0 sys=4.0
                  "cygpng2.dll" v0.0 ts=2001/5/6 6:05
  108k 2001/06/28 C:\cygwin\bin\cygreadline4.dll -
os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
                  "cygreadline4.dll" v0.0 ts=2001/1/7
5:34
  135k 2001/06/28 C:\cygwin\bin\cygreadline5.dll -
os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
                  "cygreadline5.dll" v0.0 ts=2001/6/28
4:27
  390k 2000/12/05 C:\cygwin\bin\cygtcl80.dll - os=4.0
img=1.0 sys=4.0
                  "cygtcl80.dll" v0.0 ts=2000/11/26
2:39
    5k 2000/12/05 C:\cygwin\bin\cygtclpip80.dll -
os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
   10k 2000/12/05 C:\cygwin\bin\cygtclreg80.dll -
os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
                  "cygtclreg80.dll" v0.0 ts=2000/11/26
2:39
  245k 2001/06/12 C:\cygwin\bin\cygtiff3.dll - os=4.0
img=1.0 sys=4.0
                  "cygtiff3.dll" v0.0 ts=2001/6/12
19:25
  623k 2000/12/05 C:\cygwin\bin\cygtk80.dll - os=4.0
img=1.0 sys=4.0
                  "cygtk80.dll" v0.0 ts=2000/11/26
2:43
   41k 2001/07/04 C:\cygwin\bin\cygXpm-noX4.dll -
os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
                  "cygXpm-noX4.dll" v0.0 ts=2001/7/4
3:21
   45k 2001/07/04 C:\cygwin\bin\cygXpm-X4.dll - os=4.0
img=1.0 sys=4.0
                  "cygXpm-X4.dll" v0.0 ts=2000/11/20
3:45
   49k 2001/02/03 C:\cygwin\bin\cygz.dll - os=4.0
img=1.0 sys=4.0
                  "cygz.dll" v0.0 ts=2001/2/3 21:35
  678k 2001/05/21 C:\cygwin\bin\cygwin1.dll - os=4.0
img=1.0 sys=4.0
                  "cygwin1.dll" v0.0 ts=2001/5/21 5:28
    Cygwin DLL version info:
        dll major: 1003
        dll minor: 2
        dll epoch: 19
        dll bad signal mask: 19005
        dll old termios: 5
        dll malloc env: 28
        api major: 0
        api minor: 39
        shared data: 3
        dll identifier: cygwin1
        mount registry: 2
        cygnus registry name: Cygnus Solutions
        cygwin registry name: Cygwin
        program options name: Program Options
        cygwin mount registry name: mounts v2
        cygdrive flags: cygdrive flags
        cygdrive prefix: cygdrive prefix
        cygdrive default prefix:
        build date: Sun May 20 23:28:17 EDT 2001
        shared id: cygwin1S3

Use -h to see help about each section

Thanks for your consideration.
regards
/Mohammad

* Re: cygwin problem
@ 2001-08-31  2:55   ` Andrew Markebo
From: Andrew Markebo @ 2001-08-31  2:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mohammad Saleem; +Cc: cygwin

/ Mohammad Saleem <mohammad_saleem_1999@yahoo.com> wrote:
| Hi Andy,
|
| I click on "install cygwin now" pointer on
| www.cygwin.com home page and followed the coming
| instructions.

Which OS?
Did you install to c:\cygwin?
The bashprompt worked?
Which commands does work before and not after reboot?
If you do echo $PATH in your bash-prompt what does it say?

        /Andy

| /Mohammad
| --- Andrew Markebo <flognat@flognat.myip.org> wrote:
| > How did you install cygwin?
| >
| >         /Andy
| >
| > / Mohammad Saleem <mohammad_saleem_1999@yahoo.com>
| > wrote:
| > | Hi all,
| > |
| > | I have installed sucessfully cygwin.
| > | First time when I start bash shell by double
| > clicking
| > | on cygwin icon, everything works fine. But when I
| > | start another bash shell or if log in again efter
| > | restarting my computer, bash shell does not
| > recognize
| > | the commands.
| > | I get a message that command not found.
| > | What is going wrong.
| > | I am tired of installing cygwin again and again to
| > | continue my work.
| > | Any help?
| > | thanks in advance
| > |
| > | regards
| > | /Mohammad
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > |

       [not found] <m3bskw38td.fsf@localhost.localdomain>
@ 2001-08-31  2:24 ` Mohammad Saleem
From: Mohammad Saleem @ 2001-08-31  2:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Markebo, Mohammad Saleem; +Cc: cygwin

@ 2001-08-31  1:33 Mohammad Saleem
From: Mohammad Saleem @ 2001-08-31  1:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin; +Cc: mohammad_saleem_1999

@ 2000-10-19  6:08 ` Andrej Borsenkow
From: Andrej Borsenkow @ 2000-10-19  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Earnie Boyd, thomas.bouve; +Cc: cygwin users

This sort of works for me using 20001017 snapshot under Win2k and CYGWIN=tty.
It is better under bash - I can use cursor keys in menus and it does not hang.
Under zsh display is really screwed up, cursor keys do not work in menu and
edit.com hangs every second time.

In general, I would be very surprised if it worked. edit.com is full-screen
console application, and cygwin terminal is not console.

The same is true for vim, of course.

Why do not you simply use vim that comes with cygwin?

-andrej

* Re: cygwin problem...
@ 2000-10-19  5:39 Earnie Boyd
From: Earnie Boyd @ 2000-10-19  5:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: thomas.bouve; +Cc: cygwin users

--- Thomas Bouve <thomas.bouve@khbo.be> wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Thomas,

> I read on the cygwin mailing list that you are a cygwin user and I was
> wondering if you could help me out.
> I'm using the latest build (cygwin 1.1.4) and I try to run edit.com in
> bash.  The problem is that it doesn't start.  I specify edit.com and It
> hangs! nothing more.  Then my system resource meter gives a 100% cpu
> usage and I have to reboot to get the proc time back.  It's no use
> killing the bash window, the leak persists.  I'm using win98 and the
> latest cygwin.dll (1.1.4)
> I'm having this problem with other non cygwin apps as well (like the vim
> distribution from the vim.org site, not the cygwin version)
>
> Btw: I have the env var cygwin=notty (so that can't be the problem)
>
> thanks,
>
> Thomas
>
> email: thomas.bouve@kh.khbo.be

Please send queries such as these to the cygwin@sources.redhat.com.  I have no
idea as to why your system is acting the way it does.  I don't have and have
never used windows 98.

Also, you'll need to provide the output of `cygcheck -s -r -v' pasted in a mail
to the list and not to me.

Thank-you,

=====
Earnie Boyd