* UNIX programming
@ 2000-05-03  5:22 Nimrod Vax
From: Nimrod Vax @ 2000-05-03  5:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

HI

I"m a student of computer science  in
the University of Bar-Ilan in Israel. I need to write a  unix project
but I have a hard time with the developing environment which is not very user
friendly. is it possible for me to use the cygwin lib
and by this be able to use the MSDEV environment as my development platform for
a UNIX/LINUX application ?
Where can I get information on how to do that
?

Waiting for your reply,

Nimrod Vax

* Re: UNIX programming
@ 2000-05-03  7:30 ` Chris Faylor
From: Chris Faylor @ 2000-05-03  7:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nimrod Vax; +Cc: cygwin

On Wed, May 03, 2000 at 03:35:42PM +0200, Nimrod Vax wrote:
>I"m a student of computer science in the University of Bar-Ilan in
>Israel.  I need to write a unix project but I have a hard time with the
>developing environment which is not very user friendly.  is it possible
>for me to use the cygwin lib and by this be able to use the MSDEV
>environment as my development platform for a UNIX/LINUX application ?
>Where can I get information on how to do that ?
>
>Waiting for your reply,

Sorry, no.  Cygwin provides exactly that environment that you find confusing.
It does not have any interoperability with MSDEV.

-Christopher Faylor
-Cygwin Engineering Manager
-Cygnus Solutions, a Red Hat company