* Re: //localdriveletter/ broken?
@ 2000-05-07 11:17 Norbert Schulze
From: Norbert Schulze @ 2000-05-07 11:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Chris Faylor wrote:
> If there is a *backslash* anywhere in that path, however, then that will
> no longer work in recent snapshots.  We've made the decision that if you
> have a backslash in your filename you are intending to use MS-DOS syntax
> which, of course, does not understand the old //x cygwin convention for
> referencing a disk drive.

makefile:106: //c/Programme/eCos/packages/pkgconf/rules.mak: No such file or directory

As you can see there is no backslash in the path. The file is there I checked it.
With the snapshot cygwin 2000-May-02 it works, all later fail. I use win2k.
Perhaps the ENOSHARE patch from Corinna Vinschen has some side effects on win2k?

Norbert

* Re: //localdriveletter/ broken?
@ 2000-05-08  4:09 Norbert Schulze
From: Norbert Schulze @ 2000-05-08  4:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Chris Faylor wrote:
> This isn't just a case of having \r\n line endings in your makefile, is it?

You are right it is an \r\n issue. But what has changed in snapshot 2000-May-03?
Can you make it work the old way? I have tried the CYGWIN=nobinmode switch but
it doesn't work. How to change the text/binary mode for //c/ or //cygdrive/c/
type pathes? Or should I contact the eCos group to change all text files to
UNIX style and to change the configuration tool to produce UNIX style text files?

Thanks,
  Norbert

* //localdriveletter/ broken?
@ 2000-05-07  5:52 Norbert Schulze
From: Norbert Schulze @ 2000-05-07  5:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Is //localdriveletter/directory/file a valid syntax for
accessing files? The eCos 1.3.1 GUI configuration tool generates
makefiles with this type of pathes. But since cygwin
snapshot 2000-May-03 this is broken and make throws error
'No such file or directory'.

Norbert