* Re: Win9X Ver 4.10:  bash Ctrl-C no echo problem.
@ 2000-05-09  8:29 Earnie Boyd
From: Earnie Boyd @ 2000-05-09  8:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Diel, Robert, 'cygwin@sourceware.cygnus.com'

I've just tried this and find that it works properly.  I'm using the original
net release 1.1.0 2000-03-01 with CYGWIN=nontsec.

Earnie.

@ 2000-05-09  9:09 ` Chris Faylor
From: Chris Faylor @ 2000-05-09  9:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'cygwin@sourceware.cygnus.com'

It sounds like we need cygcheck output for this.

cygcheck -r -s -v

cgf

@ 2000-05-13  3:11   ` Julian Kinraid
From: Julian Kinraid @ 2000-05-13  3:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Tom Weichmann wrote:

> > To whom it may concern,
> >  I checked the FAQ on this one, and a bit of the Mailing List and came
> > up with nothing.  It seems if I have bash in 'set -o vi' mode and hit
> > the ctrl-c after after 'k'ing back through commands I lose echo.  This
> > is not reported by stty, stty still believes that all the -echo's are
> > still around, and 'stty sane' does nothing to help the situation.  The
> > other weird thing is that echo sort of comes back on each command line
> > when the backspace keyboard, but then is lost on the next line.
> > Occassionally the command prompt is also not echoed.  To reproduce
> > this problem just type the following:
> >
> > # set -o vi
> > # ls
> > # <ESC>-k
> > # ctrl-C
> >
> > every command typed at the prompt, and even maybe the prompt will
> > disappear. Good luck and thank you for your time, Robert
>
> I tried to reproduce this effect described above, and can not get the
> same results.  I am running on Win98 4.10 build 2222 (Win98 se).
> I wonder if this is some problem with Win98 which was fixed in the
> second edition?!?

I tried it out, and had the problem, and I'm using the original Win98
release.

Julian Kinraid

* Re: Win9X Ver 4.10:  bash Ctrl-C no echo problem.
@ 2000-05-09  9:30 ` Tom Weichmann
From: Tom Weichmann @ 2000-05-09  9:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

> To whom it may concern,
>  I checked the FAQ on this one, and a bit of the Mailing List and came
> up with nothing.  It seems if I have bash in 'set -o vi' mode and hit
> the ctrl-c after after 'k'ing back through commands I lose echo.  This
> is not reported by stty, stty still believes that all the -echo's are
> still around, and 'stty sane' does nothing to help the situation.  The
> other weird thing is that echo sort of comes back on each command line
> when the backspace keyboard, but then is lost on the next line.
> Occassionally the command prompt is also not echoed.  To reproduce
> this problem just type the following:
>
> # set -o vi
> # ls
> # <ESC>-k
> # ctrl-C
>
> every command typed at the prompt, and even maybe the prompt will
> disappear. Good luck and thank you for your time, Robert

I tried to reproduce this effect described above, and can not get the
same results.  I am running on Win98 4.10 build 2222 (Win98 se).
I wonder if this is some problem with Win98 which was fixed in the
second edition?!?

Thank You,

Tom Weichmann

* Win9X Ver 4.10:  bash Ctrl-C no echo problem.
@ 2000-05-09  8:20 Diel, Robert