* Re: Please try the 6/1 Cygwin DLL snapshot -- this may be the one
@ 2000-06-07  8:38 Rick Rankin
From: Rick Rankin @ 2000-06-07  8:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Just thought I'd offer some feedback. I've been using the 6/1 snapshot for a
couple of days now with no problems. All of my mounts are textmode and I've
seen none of the problems that appeared in the 1.1.1 release.

Rick
--
Rick Rankin
rick_rankin@yahoo.com

http://sourceware.cygnus.com/cygwin/snapshots/winsup-src-20000601.tar.gz/winsup/cygwin/ChangeLog

@ 2000-06-07 11:24 Gary R. Van Sickle
From: Gary R. Van Sickle @ 2000-06-07 11:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

The 6-1 snapshot looks to be the best one yet.  I've compiled CVS; a
cross-compilation suite including the latest GCC 2.95.3 pre-release sources
from CVS, the latest binutils snapshot, and the newlib-1.8.2;
aclocal/automake/autoconf/make (which were built a long time ago, pre-4/7)
all seem to work fine with no /r/n issues on text mounts (which I have on
everything except /usr/bin and /usr/lib).

I say let 'er rip.

Gary R. Van Sickle <tiberius@braemarinc.com>
Braemar Inc.
11481 Rupp Dr.
Burnsville, MN 55337

* Re: Please try the 6/1 Cygwin DLL snapshot -- this may be the one
@ 2000-06-07  7:11 ` Charles Wilson
From: Charles Wilson @ 2000-06-07  7:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Chris -
  -20000601 looks good to me. I haven't done my favorite torture test
(recompiling perl) but I got no unexpected behaviors with any other
tests (fun with sed, fun with awk, etc). My machine is NT4.0sp6a.

--Chuck

@ 2000-06-04 16:09 Chris Faylor