* Dynamic Perl with Cygwin 1.1
@ 2000-06-07  3:28 D. Scott Barninger
From: D. Scott Barninger @ 2000-06-07  3:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hello,

Is it possible to tell the Cygwyn environment that Perl is installed to
another partition and not in the "usual" places, so that configure
scripts can find it?

thanks,
Scott

* Re: Dynamic Perl with Cygwin 1.1
@ 2000-06-07 20:55 ` Chris Faylor
From: Chris Faylor @ 2000-06-07 20:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Wed, Jun 07, 2000 at 06:28:21AM -0400, D. Scott Barninger wrote:
>Is it possible to tell the Cygwyn environment that Perl is installed to
>another partition and not in the "usual" places, so that configure
>scripts can find it?

You could try something like:

mount -b -x q:\the\other\place\for\perl.exe /bin/perl

I don't know if that will work or not but I've always sort of liked
the fact that mount does not require the use of just directories...

cgf