* Re: Couple of nits about Cygwin
@ 2000-07-26  6:43 Earnie Boyd
From: Earnie Boyd @ 2000-07-26  6:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: DJ Delorie, KendallB; +Cc: cygwin

--- DJ Delorie <dj@delorie.com> wrote:

> >  1. When you start a bash shell, the cursor flashes at a reasonable
> > rate, but when you start typing it generally disappears from view.
>
> This has always bothered me, but I always thought it was NT doing it.
> Testing in the MS-DOS window shows that it's not NT.  Sigh.

Huh, I've never experienced this.  WinNT 4, sp 4.

Cheers,

=====
---
   Earnie Boyd: < mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com >
            __Cygwin: POSIX on Windows__
Cygwin Newbies: < http://gw32.freeyellow.com/ >
           __Minimalist GNU for Windows__
  Mingw32 List: < http://www.egroups.com/group/mingw32/ >
    Mingw Home: < http://www.mingw.org/ >

* Re: Couple of nits about Cygwin
@ 2000-07-28  6:27 Earnie Boyd
From: Earnie Boyd @ 2000-07-28  6:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

--- Chris Faylor <cgf@cygnus.com> wrote:
-8<-

> Unfortunately, I can.

Are you sure you're using ash for sh?  I don't see the problem with sh at all.
However, I do see it with zsh which has it's own input routines (i.e. doesn't
use readline).

Cheers,

=====
---

@ 2000-07-26  6:52 Earnie Boyd
From: Earnie Boyd @ 2000-07-26  6:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kendall Bennett, cygwin

--- Kendall Bennett <KendallB@scitechsoft.com> wrote:
>  2. Bash seems a lot slower at responding to commands than a regular
> command shell on NT. Bash on Linux is very responsive, so it must be
> something inherent in Cygwin. Is this something that is a known
> issue? I assume it would be solved already if it was simple, so I am
> mostly curious.

Blame Cygwin for that.  It has a lot of string manipulation to do.  I will add
that some of the slowness has been eliminated in recent snapshots.

Regards,

=====
---
   Earnie Boyd: < mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com >