* Re: Can I be another user?
@ 2000-08-25  7:21 Earnie Boyd
From: Earnie Boyd @ 2000-08-25  7:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Charles Krug, cygwin

--- Charles Krug <charles@pentek.com> wrote:
> Hello:
>
> When I launch Cygwin under NT, I'm put into the home directory for
> Administrator, rather than my home directory.
>
> Is there any option to Bash that can change this?
>
> Under the old version, I HOME to point to my directory, cd to $HOME,
> then launch bash.
>
> I certainly can do that again if bash doesn't have a parameter for this.

What does /etc/passwd say is your home directory?

Cheers,

=====
---
   Earnie Boyd: < mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com >
            __Cygwin: POSIX on Windows__
Cygwin Newbies: < http://gw32.freeyellow.com/ >
           __Minimalist GNU for Windows__
  Mingw32 List: < http://www.egroups.com/group/mingw32/ >
    Mingw Home: < http://www.mingw.org/ >

* Can I be another user?
@ 2000-08-25  6:18 Charles Krug
From: Charles Krug @ 2000-08-25  6:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hello:

When I launch Cygwin under NT, I'm put into the home directory for
Administrator, rather than my home directory.

Is there any option to Bash that can change this?

Under the old version, I HOME to point to my directory, cd to $HOME,
then launch bash.

I certainly can do that again if bash doesn't have a parameter for this.

Thanks

Charles

--
Charles Krug, Jr.