* Tcl/Tk
@ 2000-09-05 15:44 Jorge Andreu García
From: Jorge Andreu García @ 2000-09-05 15:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Where can I find a Tcl/Tk version compatible with cygwin? I have heard
that the last one (8.x) are not compatible.

Thanks:

JORGE

--
"Una cosa es soNar con guerras gloriosas en casa, sentado en
una comoda butaca, y otra distinta verlas en primera linea"

Si eres un fanatico de ASL visita mi pagina:
http://www.kobo.es/srm/ASL/default.html

* Tcl/Tk
@ 2001-05-04  3:59 Jean Barata
From: Jean Barata @ 2001-05-04  3:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Cygwin Users'

Hello,

do someone know who is the maintainer of the TCL/TK package, and if there is
somewhere a document explaining how to install, configure and use it ?

Thanks

Jean Barata - SOFTEAM

[parent not found: <D7FDE5F0B39AD21181AA00805FA7183E040ABA64@tpaexc02.tsi.gte.com>]
* Re: Tcl/Tk
@ 1997-02-07  3:06 Geza Groma
From: Geza Groma @ 1997-02-07  3:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Henry; +Cc: gnu-win32

> I try to compile a DLX simulator called dlxview. It need
> the tcl/tk lib for linking. How can I convert the tcl76.dll
> and tk74.dll into lib.

A good tool is makelib from
ftp.simtel.net/pub/simtelnet/gnu/djgpp/rsxntdj1.zip.
I might make the correct lib itself, but I have never tried that. Instead
I used the --print flag to list the exported functions, made a .def
file and used dlltools in a standard way to bild the lib.

> I try the tcl/tk soruce code, it is so hard
> make it work.

True. Especially, it includes the 'try' extended C keyword not
supported by gcc. However, for pure tcl/tk applications you don't need this.
The precompiled dlls could work with gnu-win32 with a proper memory allocation
manegement.  For detailes, read the Windows specific FAQ at
ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/efjohnson/tclwin.htm.
Recompiling the dlls by MSVC, Symantec C++  (or perhaps Borland C++
v5.0) apparently eliminates any memory allocation problems.

>in the gnu-win32 package, it there a errno.h ? and is the package
>support a command called XSynchronize, if so, which library I should
>link to?

Hm. If XSyncronize is required by dlxview itself, not just by tk, this
probably indicates that this is not a pure tcl/tk application but an
X11 client. I am not familiar with X11, but worry that the Win32
native tcl/tk dlls can not be simple linked to it. Check tclPort.h
and tkPort.h and try to build a real Unix port of tcl/tk...

Good luck
Geza Groma

* Tcl/Tk
@ 1997-02-06  7:30 Henry
From: Henry @ 1997-02-06  7:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

Hi everyone, I am new to here and need some help.

I try to compile a DLX simulator called dlxview. It need
the tcl/tk lib for linking. How can I convert the tcl76.dll
and tk74.dll into lib. I try the tcl/tk soruce code, it is so hard
make it work.
also,
in the gnu-win32 package, it there a errno.h ? and is the package
support a command called XSynchronize, if so, which library I should
link to?

thanks a lot.

Henry
-