* Re: OpenGL & Cygwin: undefined reference to glGetString()???
@ 2000-09-18  7:43 Andre Bleau
From: Andre Bleau @ 2000-09-18  7:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin; +Cc: karsten.wutzke, bmcnultyjunior

Find the file GL/gl.h
change the line
extern const GLubyte * glGetString (GLenum name);
extern const APIENTRY GLubyte * glGetString (GLenum name);

I send a fixed opengl package some weeks ago to be added to the
distribution of Cygwin. Setup doesn't seem to support it anymore, but you
may still find it at
ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/cygwin/latest/opengl/opengl-1.1.0-1.tar.gz

André Bleau, ing., analyste
bleau@courriel.polymtl.ca

Département de génie électrique et         Electric Engineering and
de génie informatique                      Computer Engineering department
École Polytechnique de Montréal            Montreal Polytechnic School

* Re: OpenGL & Cygwin: undefined reference to glGetString()???
@ 2000-09-18 10:25 ` Chris Faylor
From: Chris Faylor @ 2000-09-18 10:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin; +Cc: andre.bleau

On Mon, Sep 18, 2000 at 10:45:39AM -0400, Andre Bleau wrote:
>Find the file GL/gl.h
>change the line
>extern const GLubyte * glGetString (GLenum name);
>extern const APIENTRY GLubyte * glGetString (GLenum name);
>
>I send a fixed opengl package some weeks ago to be added to the
>distribution of Cygwin. Setup doesn't seem to support it anymore, but you
>may still find it at
> ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/cygwin/latest/opengl/opengl-1.1.0-1.tar.gz

I do see an opengl-1.1.0-1.tar.gz in the latest/opengl directory that is
NEWER than the previous opengl-1.2.1-1.tar.gz.  I remember that DJ put
this file in the latest directory but I didn't notice that the version
was older than the previous version.

This will undoubtedly generate a lot of confusion.  I've removed the
directory until this is sorted out.

I think that the best plan now if for you, or someone, to make a version
of the library available somewhere besides sources.redhat.com and let
people try it for a while.  Once it looks like everything is working
correctly we can look into reinstating it in latest/opengl.

cgf

* OpenGL & Cygwin: undefined reference to glGetString()???
@ 2000-09-18  5:09 Karsten Wutzke
From: Karsten Wutzke @ 2000-09-18  5:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi all!

I still can't believe this. The Cygwin linker complains about undefined
references to glGetString()! All other functions/symbols are there.
Beats me... (Cygwin version is the net release from April 17th 2000)

Code:

const GLubyte *strVen = glGetString(GL_VENDOR);
const GLubyte *strRen = glGetString(GL_RENDERER);
const GLubyte *strVer = glGetString(GL_VERSION);
const GLubyte *strExt = glGetString(GL_EXTENSIONS);

Compiler/linker output:

gcc -c -o scene.o scene.c -O2 -DWIN32 -mpentium
-I//D/coding/cygwin/include -I//D/coding/cygwin/usr/local/include
gcc -o scene.exe timer/rdtsc.o scene.o earth.o materials.o lights.o
textures.o init.o draw.o -O2 -L//D/coding/cygwin/lib
-L//D/coding/cygwin/usr/local/lib -lopengl32 -lglu32 -lglut32 -lgdi32
-lwsock32 -lm
scene.o(.text+0xe5b):scene.c: undefined reference to `glGetString'
scene.o(.text+0xe68):scene.c: undefined reference to `glGetString'
scene.o(.text+0xe78):scene.c: undefined reference to `glGetString'
scene.o(.text+0xe85):scene.c: undefined reference to `glGetString'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make.exe: *** [scene.exe] Error 1

I have to query for the ARB_multitexture extension... :-o

Does anyone know how to cure this? I have no idea!

Thanks for your help.

Karsten