* libtooldl
@ 2000-09-19  4:15 Robert Collins
From: Robert Collins @ 2000-09-19  4:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

If I understand the dlopen issue correctly, no software that uses
LoadLibrary() directly will work properly under cygwin due to MS wierdness?

so libtooldl (or whatever the libtool dl functions are prefixed with) won't
work properly as they use LoadLibrary().

I think that either LoadLibrary() should not be accessible from cygwin, or a
wrapper should be written. (Sorry Chris, I'll just speak up and suggest
_more_ work for you shall I?)

Rob

* Re: libtooldl
@ 2000-09-19  4:25 ` Chris Faylor
From: Chris Faylor @ 2000-09-19  4:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Tue, Sep 19, 2000 at 07:26:05PM +1100, Robert Collins wrote:
>If I understand the dlopen issue correctly, no software that uses
>LoadLibrary() directly will work properly under cygwin due to MS wierdness?

LoadLibrary doesn't work correctly with fork().  That's it.  It's not MS
weirdness, really.  Microsoft surely didn't anticipate cygwin fork().

>so libtooldl (or whatever the libtool dl functions are prefixed with) won't
>work properly as they use LoadLibrary().

Sounds like it.

>I think that either LoadLibrary() should not be accessible from cygwin, or a
>wrapper should be written. (Sorry Chris, I'll just speak up and suggest
>_more_ work for you shall I?)

I'm not going to write a wrapper and I am certainly not going to eliminate
LoadLibrary().

As always, if someone else wants to do this, however, I'll gladly look into
a patch.  Writing a wrapper for LoadLibrary will be pretty tricky, though.

cgf