* RE: Bug Report: CVS often fails in scripts under Cygwin
@ 2000-09-21 16:31 Earnie Boyd
From: Earnie Boyd @ 2000-09-21 16:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Josh Schulte, 'Charles S. Wilson'
  Cc: 'cygwin@sourceware.cygnus.com'

--- Josh Schulte <jschulte@equilibrium.com> wrote:
> Chuck,
>
> Are you on win2k or nt 4?

Why does this matter?  You and I have already determined, hours ago, that your
problem with the script is \r\n line endings.

Cheers,

=====
--- < http://earniesystems.safeshopper.com > ---
   Earnie Boyd: < mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com >
            __Cygwin: POSIX on Windows__
Cygwin Newbies: < http://gw32.freeyellow.com/ >
           __Minimalist GNU for Windows__
    Mingw Home: < http://www.mingw.org/ >

* RE: Bug Report: CVS often fails in scripts under Cygwin
@ 2000-09-21 18:14 Josh Schulte
From: Josh Schulte @ 2000-09-21 18:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'cygwin@sourceware.cygnus.com'

You determined it? You recreated the "permission denied" on your system, the
got the script to work by removing the \r's?

I found that that wasn't the problem. If I remove the /r's the cvs commands
still fail.

I droped the latest cygwin and bash over my current setup and that didn't
fix it either.

Thanks,
Josh

From: Charles S. Wilson @ 2000-09-21 15:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Josh Schulte; +Cc: 'cygwin@sourceware.cygnus.com'

Both.  However, I ran the tests below on my NT4.0sp6a box.

--Chuck

@ 2000-09-21 15:32 Josh Schulte
From: Josh Schulte @ 2000-09-21 15:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Charles S. Wilson'; +Cc: 'cygwin@sourceware.cygnus.com'

Chuck,

Are you on win2k or nt 4?

Thanks,
Josh

@ 2000-09-21 12:29 ` Charles S. Wilson
From: Charles S. Wilson @ 2000-09-21 12:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Josh Schulte; +Cc: 'cygwin@sourceware.cygnus.com'

@ 2000-09-21 12:08 Earnie Boyd
From: Earnie Boyd @ 2000-09-21 12:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Josh Schulte; +Cc: cygwin users

@ 2000-09-21 12:08 Josh Schulte

From: Earnie Boyd @ 2000-09-21 11:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Josh Schulte; +Cc: cygwin users

@ 2000-09-21 11:27   ` Charles S. Wilson
From: Charles S. Wilson @ 2000-09-21 11:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: S.Yoshida; +Cc: cygwin

"S.Yoshida" wrote:

> I could not build perl under new Cygwin.
>  dllwrap success in prompt. / dllwrap failed in perlld script.

And what, exactly, does this have to do with CVS?  In any case, I just
built perl the other day on cygwin.  And posted the necessary patches to
the list (there are some patches to perl-5.6.0 that are required by
newer (1.1.3+) cygwin's.

> AND, :-(   I found bug in 1.1.5 script.

There ain't no such animal.  1.1.5 has not been released, and will not
be released until it's ready.  You must be talking about development
snapshots.

--Chuck

* RE: Bug Report: CVS often fails in scripts under Cygwin
@ 2000-09-21 11:22 Josh Schulte
From: Josh Schulte @ 2000-09-21 11:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'vzy03312@ha.bekkoame.ne.jp', cygwin

S.

You should be able to verify this bug with sh too.

Thanks,
Josh

> I ran this on Solaris to verify that I wasn't missing something, and of
> course it worked.
>
> I've included my configuration information below.

I could not build perl under new Cygwin.
 dllwrap success in prompt. / dllwrap failed in perlld script.

AND, :-(   I found bug in 1.1.5 script.

BASH$pwd
/usr/local/src

BASH$cat script
#!/bin/sh
echo $0

BASH$sh ./script
./script

BASH$./script
c:/cygwin/usr/local/src/script

So, ./configure failed, Can't make cygwin1.dll any more :-(

--
Best Regards,
S.Yoshida

* Re: Bug Report: CVS often fails in scripts under Cygwin
@ 2000-09-21 11:11 ` S.Yoshida
From: S.Yoshida @ 2000-09-21 11:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

@ 2000-09-21  6:46 Earnie Boyd
From: Earnie Boyd @ 2000-09-21  6:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Josh Schulte, 'cygwin@sourceware.cygnus.com'

--- Josh Schulte <jschulte@equilibrium.com> wrote:
> When I use CVS in scripts under Cygwin I often get "cvs: permission denied".
> This happens in perl and shell scripts. Not every cvs command will fail. But
> the ones that fail seem to consistently fail. For instance the following
> script:
>
> #!/bin/sh
> cvs edit build.txt
> echo "test" > build.txt
> cvs commit -m test build.txt
>
> gives the following output:
>
> cvs: permission denied
> cvs: permission denied
>
> I ran this on Solaris to verify that I wasn't missing something, and of
> course it worked.
>
> I've included my configuration information below.

> Cygnus Win95/NT Configuration Diagnostics
> Current System Time: Wed Sep 20 15:30:41 2000
>
> WinNT Ver 5.0 build 2195
>
> Path:	.
> 	/usr/local/bin
> 	/usr/local/bin
> 	/bin
> 	/c/development/Tools/common/bin
> 	/c/WINNT/system32
> 	/c/WINNT
>
> SysDir: C:\WINNT\System32
> WinDir: C:\WINNT
>
> HOME = `/c/Documents and Settings/Josh_Schulte'
> PWD = `/eq/dev'
> USER = `josh_schulte'

Your HOME has spaces in it.  I suggest that you:
  mkdir /home
  mount c:/Documents\ and\ Settings /home
  export HOME=/home/Josh_Schulte
This may or may not solve your problem.

Cheers,

=====

@ 2000-09-20 16:59 Josh Schulte
From: Josh Schulte @ 2000-09-20 16:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Charles Wilson', Josh Schulte
  Cc: 'cygwin@sourceware.cygnus.com'

@ 2000-09-20 16:51 ` Charles Wilson
From: Charles Wilson @ 2000-09-20 16:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Josh Schulte; +Cc: 'cygwin@sourceware.cygnus.com'

@ 2000-09-20 16:19 Josh Schulte
From: Josh Schulte @ 2000-09-20 16:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'cygwin@sourceware.cygnus.com'

[...]

!C: = `C:\development\Tools\win386\usr_local\bin'
ALLUSERSPROFILE = `C:\Documents and Settings\All Users'
APPDATA = `C:\Documents and Settings\Josh_Schulte\Application Data'
BUILD_INSTALLED = `/eq/dev/_Installed'
BUILD_OUTPUT = `/eq/dev/_Output'
BUILD_ROOT = `/eq/dev'
BUILD_THIRDPARTY = `/c/development/Devel/../ThirdParty'
COMMONPROGRAMFILES = `C:\Program Files\Common Files'
COMPUTERNAME = `EQ5386JS'
COMSPEC = `C:\WINNT\system32\cmd.exe'
CVSROOT = `:pserver:josh_schulte@eqcvs.equilibrium.com:/home/cvs/cvsroot'
EDITOR = `u2w --double --exec /usr/local/pkg/textpad/textpad'
GROUP = `Administrators'
HOMEDRIVE = `C:'
HOMEPATH = `\'
HOST = `EQ5386JS'
HOSTTYPE = `i386'
INCLUDE = `C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual
Studio\VC98\atl\include;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual
Studio\VC98\mfc\include;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual
Studio\VC98\include'
LIB = `C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\mfc\lib;C:\Program
Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\lib'
LOGNAME = `josh_schulte'
LOGONSERVER = `\\OFFSITESERV'
MACHTYPE = `i386'
MSDEVDIR = `C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\Common\MSDev98'
NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS = `1'
OS2LIBPATH = `C:\WINNT\system32\os2\dll;'
OS = `Windows_NT'
OSTYPE = `posix'
PATHEXT = `.COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH'
PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE = `x86'
PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER = `x86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 1, GenuineIntel'
PROCESSOR_LEVEL = `6'
PROCESSOR_REVISION = `0801'
PROGRAMFILES = `C:\Program Files'
PROMPT = `$P$G'
SHLVL = `1'
SYSTEMDRIVE = `C:'
SYSTEMROOT = `C:\WINNT'
TEMP = `C:\DOCUME~1\JOSH_S~1\LOCALS~1\Temp'
TERM = `cygwin'
TMP = `C:\DOCUME~1\JOSH_S~1\LOCALS~1\Temp'
TMPDIR = `/tmp'
TZ = `PST8PDT7,M4.1.0/2,M10.5.0/2'
USERDNSDOMAIN = `equildom.equilibrium.com'
USERDOMAIN = `EQUILDOM'
USERNAME = `josh_schulte'
USERPROFILE = `C:\Documents and Settings\Josh_Schulte'
VENDOR = `intel'
VISUAL = `u2w --double --exec /usr/local/pkg/textpad/textpad -m'
WINDIR = `C:\WINNT'
WINNT = `/c/WINNT'

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2
  (default) = `/cygdrive'
  cygdrive flags = 0x00000020
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\/
  (default) = `C:\development\Tools\win386\cygwin'
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\/c
  (default) = `c:'
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\/d
  (default) = `d:'
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\/eq/devtree
  (default) = `C:\development\Tools\..'
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\/usr/local
  (default) = `C:\development\Tools\win386\usr_local'
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\Program Options
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2

a:  fd           N/A    N/A
b:  net NTFS   95942Mb  29% CP CS UN PA FC     Development
c:  hd  NTFS    8683Mb  51% CP CS UN PA FC     HARD_DRIVE
d:  cd           N/A    N/A
g:  net NTFS   95942Mb  29% CP CS UN PA FC     Development
o:  net NTFS   91847Mb  14% CP CS UN PA FC     files
p:  net NTFS   95942Mb  29% CP CS UN PA FC     Development
u:  net NTFS   91847Mb  52% CP CS UN PA FC     files
x:  net NTFS   20434Mb  84% CP CS UN PA FC

C:\development\Tools\win386\usr_local  /usr/local  user    textmode
C:\development\Tools\win386\cygwin  /        user    textmode
C:\development\Tools\..  /eq/devtree  user    textmode
c:    /c       user    textmode
d:    /d       user    textmode

Found: C:\development\Tools\win386\cygwin\bin\bash.exe
Found: C:\development\Tools\win386\cygwin\bin\cat.exe
Found: C:\development\Tools\win386\cygwin\bin\cpp.exe
Found: C:\development\Tools\win386\cygwin\bin\find.exe
Found: C:\development\Tools\win386\cygwin\bin\gcc.exe
Found: C:\development\Tools\win386\cygwin\bin\gdb.exe
Found: C:\development\Tools\win386\cygwin\bin\ld.exe
Found: C:\development\Tools\win386\cygwin\bin\ls.exe
Found: C:\development\Tools\win386\cygwin\bin\make.exe
Found: C:\development\Tools\win386\cygwin\bin\sh.exe

  115k 2000/04/24 C:\development\Tools\win386\cygwin\bin\cygitcl30.dll -
os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
                  "cygitcl30.dll" v0.0 ts=1999/9/13 19:46
   63k 2000/04/24 C:\development\Tools\win386\cygwin\bin\cygitk30.dll -
os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
                  "cygitk30.dll" v0.0 ts=1999/9/13 19:47
  474k 2000/04/24 C:\development\Tools\win386\cygwin\bin\cygtcl80.dll -
os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
                  "cygtcl80.dll" v0.0 ts=1999/9/13 19:31
   19k 2000/04/24 C:\development\Tools\win386\cygwin\bin\cygtclpip80.dll -
os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
   24k 2000/04/24 C:\development\Tools\win386\cygwin\bin\cygtclreg80.dll -
os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
                  "cygtclreg80.dll" v0.0 ts=1999/9/13 19:31
  768k 2000/04/24 C:\development\Tools\win386\cygwin\bin\cygtk80.dll -
os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
                  "cygtk80.dll" v0.0 ts=1999/9/13 19:36
  587k 2000/04/24 C:\development\Tools\win386\cygwin\bin\cygwin1.dll -
os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
                  "cygwin1.dll" v0.0 ts=2000/2/29 21:15
Use -h to see help about each section