* Re: Can't abort command line with Ctrl-C anymore...
@ 2000-09-26  5:14 Earnie Boyd
From: Earnie Boyd @ 2000-09-26  5:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Johnston, Cygwin

--- Paul Johnston <johnston.p@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
> Hi, I've just upgraded from B20 to net release 1.1.4 (latest, as of today).
> Nice install!  Anyway, when I type a command ctrl-c does not abort it.
> Ctrl-C still works to interrupt a running process, but I can't bail out of a
> command without using the backspace key.  Is this a setting or has the
> behavior of bash changed?  I'm on NT4.
>
> Thanks for your help on such a small issue,

A known bug, fixed in the snapshots.  If you decide to use a snapshot, be
warned they may not work or give you differing errors.

Cheers,

=====
--- < http://earniesystems.safeshopper.com > ---
   Earnie Boyd: < mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com >
            __Cygwin: POSIX on Windows__
Cygwin Newbies: < http://gw32.freeyellow.com/ >
           __Minimalist GNU for Windows__
    Mingw Home: < http://www.mingw.org/ >

* Re: Can't abort command line with Ctrl-C anymore...
@ 2000-09-25  8:55 ` Chris Faylor
From: Chris Faylor @ 2000-09-25  8:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cygwin

On Sun, Sep 24, 2000 at 03:16:35PM -0700, Paul Johnston wrote:
>Hi, I've just upgraded from B20 to net release 1.1.4 (latest, as of today).
>Nice install!  Anyway, when I type a command ctrl-c does not abort it.
>Ctrl-C still works to interrupt a running process, but I can't bail out of a
>command without using the backspace key.  Is this a setting or has the
>behavior of bash changed?  I'm on NT4.

It's a bug in Cygwin 1.1.4.  This has been mentioned many times.  Check
the mailing list archives.

cgf

* Can't abort command line with Ctrl-C anymore...
@ 2000-09-24 15:02 Paul Johnston
From: Paul Johnston @ 2000-09-24 15:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cygwin

Hi, I've just upgraded from B20 to net release 1.1.4 (latest, as of today).
Nice install!  Anyway, when I type a command ctrl-c does not abort it.
Ctrl-C still works to interrupt a running process, but I can't bail out of a
command without using the backspace key.  Is this a setting or has the
behavior of bash changed?  I'm on NT4.

Thanks for your help on such a small issue,

Paul

---------------------------------------
 Cygwin DLL version info:
     dll major: 1001