* RE: CYGWIN GCC Switch
@ 2000-10-03 21:43 Robert Collins
From: Robert Collins @ 2000-10-03 21:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Laurence F. Wood, cygwin

Exactly that
Rob

* RE: CYGWIN GCC Switch
@ 2000-10-03 23:57 ` Sagar R. Shah
From: Sagar R. Shah @ 2000-10-03 23:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

And does anyone know whether you can do more or less the same in Perl?

Sagar R. Shah                 www: http://thor.cam.ac.uk/~srs29
Room Z5                       map: http://thor.cam.ac.uk/~srs29/sidmap.jpg
Sidney Sussex College         ICQ: 34249234
Cambridge                     Mob: 07703 663 879
CB2 3HU                       Tel: Coming.....

On Wed, 4 Oct 2000, Robert Collins wrote:

> Exactly that
> Rob

* Re: CYGWIN GCC Switch
@ 2000-10-04  6:01   ` Todd Goodman
From: Todd Goodman @ 2000-10-04  6:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sagar R. Shah; +Cc: cygwin

Does the $^O variable do what you want?

Todd

* Sagar R. Shah <Sagar.Shah@sid.cam.ac.uk> [001004 03:00]:

@ 2000-10-04  8:36     ` Sagar R. Shah
From: Sagar R. Shah @ 2000-10-04  8:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Wed, 4 Oct 2000, Todd Goodman wrote:

> Does the $^O variable do what you want?

Thanks for the idea, but no :-(

$^O just has "MSWin32" or something like that in it. Although i'm not sure
whether that is because I'm running Cygwin on Win98 or because my perl is
the window ActivePerl rather than the unix/linux/cygwin version.

Any other ideas?

I could just set an environment variable in .profile, but not a very
portable solution.

@ 2000-10-04  8:46       ` Todd Goodman
From: Todd Goodman @ 2000-10-04  8:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sagar R. Shah; +Cc: cygwin

My cygwin perl (from Chuck Wilson's web site) gives "cygwin" for $^O.

I'd recommend running the Cygwin perl in the cygwin environment.

* Sagar R. Shah <Sagar.Shah@sid.cam.ac.uk> [001004 11:37]:
> On Wed, 4 Oct 2000, Todd Goodman wrote:
>
> > Does the $^O variable do what you want?
>
> Thanks for the idea, but no :-(
>
> $^O just has "MSWin32" or something like that in it. Although i'm not sure
> whether that is because I'm running Cygwin on Win98 or because my perl is
> the window ActivePerl rather than the unix/linux/cygwin version.
>
> Any other ideas?
>
> I could just set an environment variable in .profile, but not a very
> portable solution.
>

> > * Sagar R. Shah <Sagar.Shah@sid.cam.ac.uk> [001004 03:00]:
> > > And does anyone know whether you can do more or less the same in Perl?

> Sagar R. Shah                 www: http://thor.cam.ac.uk/~srs29
> Room Z5                       map: http://thor.cam.ac.uk/~srs29/sidmap.jpg
> Sidney Sussex College         ICQ: 34249234
> Cambridge                     Mob: 07703 663 879
> CB2 3HU                       Tel: Coming.....

* Re: CYGWIN GCC Switch
@ 2000-10-04  7:57 Earnie Boyd
From: Earnie Boyd @ 2000-10-04  7:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Laurence F. Wood, cygwin

--- "Laurence F. Wood" <LaurenceWood@SunyataSystems.Com> wrote:
> Does anyone know if there is a __CYGWIN__ switch already defined that can I
> can used to do the following with a GCC c program:
> #ifdef __CYGWIN__
> some code
> #endif

touch /tmp/emptyfile.c