* getpeername problem on NT?
@ 2000-10-04 14:12 Gil Markham
From: Gil Markham @ 2000-10-04 14:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'cygwin@sources.redhat.com'

I recently posted about having problems with sshd on NT.  After further
testing with inetd and all of the other network daemons I've found that my
problem appears to be somehow related to getpeername.  When connecting to
any of the network daemons I initially connect fine and then I get an error
message like:

getpeername: The descriptor is a file, not a socket

I can't imagine that I'm the only one to ever run into this.  Is there some
configuration or something that needs to be done before using any of these
daemons?

I've already went through every combination of user privledges, CYGWIN
variables WinNT service setups etc. I could think of or have found in the
mailing list archives.

Thanks,
Gil Markham

* Re: getpeername problem on NT?
@ 2000-10-04 14:16 ` Chris Faylor
From: Chris Faylor @ 2000-10-04 14:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'cygwin@sources.redhat.com'

On Wed, Oct 04, 2000 at 02:11:14PM -0700, Gil Markham wrote:
>I've already went through every combination of user privledges, CYGWIN
>variables WinNT service setups etc. I could think of or have found in the
>mailing list archives.

So, you've done everything except actually run the debugger?  The next
step is to debug the problem and figure out why you are having this problem.

cgf