* Is there any way link to cygwin library using Visual C++ compiler?
@ 2000-12-20 15:25 TXu
From: TXu @ 2000-12-20 15:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi, there:

To use the Cygwin API, do I have to use the gcc compiler? Is there any way
in cygwin so I could statically link the Library which include fork(),
socketpair() etc to Visual C++ compiler? If I could, would you please give
me some hint, since I didn't see any file with extension name .lib in Cygwin
directory?

Based on the mail I read, "mknod filename p" and "mkfifo filename" commands
are not implemented in cygwin even in the latest version, right?

Your great help is highly appreciated!

Have a very merry Christmas and happy new year!

Sincerely,

Tao Xu

* Re: Is there any way link to cygwin library using Visual C++ compiler ?
@ 2000-12-20 15:37 ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2000-12-20 15:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin; +Cc: TXu

On Wed, Dec 20, 2000 at 06:21:15PM -0500, TXu@PLANSYS.COM wrote:
>To use the Cygwin API, do I have to use the gcc compiler? Is there any way
>in cygwin so I could statically link the Library which include fork(),
>socketpair() etc to Visual C++ compiler? If I could, would you please give
>me some hint, since I didn't see any file with extension name .lib in Cygwin
>directory?

There is no way.

cgf