From: Christopher Faylor <cgf@redhat.com>
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: cygwin idea #2
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2000 10:01:00 -0000	[thread overview]

On Tue, Dec 26, 2000 at 08:45:23AM +0200, Avraham H. Fraenkel wrote:
>1) I think it is OK, but environment set in a shell must overwrite everything
>   in registry.
>   One can look at the registry as a environment variable set by the CDE
>   environment at startup.
>2) But cygwin is 'Unix' like - why not to use some default file for it.
>   it is more 'UNIX' like to use files instead of registry.

We already have files to do this.  They're called '.bashrc' or
'.profile'.

Also, as much as I don't want to stifle anyone's creative impulses, I
guess I have to once again point out that there is a close to zero
percent chance that anyone is scanning the mailing list looking for
ideas to implement.

We are not short on ideas.  We're frighteningly short on people to do
work.

cgf