* emulator
@ 2001-02-13  0:21 Tebel, Christian
From: Tebel, Christian @ 2001-02-13  0:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'cygwin@cygwin.com'

we are using some tools for more than 15 years now, written with an very old
MS-Basic Compiler and we would like to use these under cygwin too.
File type is: "Microsoft a.out separate pure segmented fixed-stack
word-swapped pre-SysV V3.0 286 small modell executable Large Text Large
Data".
Is there any chance to make this kind of code run under cygwin? Is there
something like an emulator?

Any help/information would be appreciated!

Thank you, Chris.

* Re: emulator
@ 2001-02-13  1:33 ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2001-02-13  1:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Tue, Feb 13, 2001 at 09:21:47AM +0100, Tebel, Christian wrote:
> we are using some tools for more than 15 years now, written with an very old
> MS-Basic Compiler and we would like to use these under cygwin too.
> File type is: "Microsoft a.out separate pure segmented fixed-stack
> word-swapped pre-SysV V3.0 286 small modell executable Large Text Large
> Data".
> Is there any chance to make this kind of code run under cygwin? Is there
> something like an emulator?

I don't know about any emulator but generally if it doesn't run
in a native 9x/NT command.com/cmd.com it will not run under Cygwin
either.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.