* scp window client
@ 2001-02-14  4:07 Gbenga
From: Gbenga @ 2001-02-14  4:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi All,

I will appreciate any help here. I have tried to such
the mailing list for anything that can help.

I am running SSHD on NT, it's working fine. I can
connect using bash/cmd.exe.

I don't seem to be able to run scp.

I install a window scp client (winscp) and when I try
to connect I get "PuTTy Fatal "Error" Out of memory"
error message.

I tried to look up something on this in mail archive
but can't really get something appropriate.

Many thanks,

* Re: scp window client
@ 2001-02-14  4:20 ` Corinna Vinschen
                     ` (2 more replies)
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2001-02-14  4:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Wed, Feb 14, 2001 at 12:06:57PM +0000, Gbenga wrote:
> I am running SSHD on NT, it's working fine. I can
> connect using bash/cmd.exe.
>
> I don't seem to be able to run scp.
>
> I install a window scp client (winscp) and when I try
> to connect I get "PuTTy Fatal "Error" Out of memory"
> error message.

This doesn't sound like a sshd but as a problem with that
winscp. Does the standard Cygwin scp work?

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.

* Re: scp window client
@ 2001-02-14  4:55   ` Gbenga
From: Gbenga @ 2001-02-14  4:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Corinna Vinschen

Hi Corinna,

I can't run scp.exe either, when I try to run scp.exe
I get this error message "/usr/bin/ssh: No such file
or directory" "lost connection"

Thanks ,

--- Corinna Vinschen <cygwin@cygwin.com> wrote: > On
Wed, Feb 14, 2001 at 12:06:57PM +0000, Gbenga
> wrote:
> > I am running SSHD on NT, it's working fine. I can
> > connect using bash/cmd.exe.
> >
> > I don't seem to be able to run scp.
> >
> > I install a window scp client (winscp) and when I
> try
> > to connect I get "PuTTy Fatal "Error" Out of
> memory"
> > error message.
>
> This doesn't sound like a sshd but as a problem with
> that
> winscp. Does the standard Cygwin scp work?
>
> Corinna
>
> --
> Corinna Vinschen                  Please, send mails
> regarding Cygwin to
> Cygwin Developer
> mailto:cygwin@cygwin.com
> Red Hat, Inc.
>
> --

* Re: scp window client
@ 2001-02-14 12:46     ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2001-02-14 12:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Wed, Feb 14, 2001 at 12:55:12PM +0000, Gbenga wrote:
> Hi Corinna,
>
> I can't run scp.exe either, when I try to run scp.exe
> I get this error message "/usr/bin/ssh: No such file
> or directory" "lost connection"

Don't know the version of OpenSSH you're running.
Suggestion: If you're running 2.3.0p1-1, try 2.3.0p1-2
or 20001221 and vice versa. Please use setup.exe to
reinstall OpenSSH.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.

* Re: scp window client
@ 2001-02-16  9:01   ` Gbenga
From: Gbenga @ 2001-02-16  9:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi Everybody,

Thanks so much for all the information. I have sshd
running on my Nt box right now, but it's not
functioning properly yet.

The good part first; I can connect (ssh) into another
machine (Unix/NT) from my Nt box.

What I can not do is ssh into my sshd on the NT box.
Now, when I tried to connect, I get logged in with all
bash PS1.....PS stuff displaying.

Then when I do ls, the whole process breaks down. Lot
sof error message line, but the one I can comprehend
among the whole thing is this:
"id: not found."
ls

0 [main] a 0 handle_exceptions: Exception:
STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION.
Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION at eip=61001B47.

.
.
.
.
End of stack trace...

Plus I get a pop-up window with "Initialization of the
dynamic link library C:\WINNT\system32\USER32.dll
failed. The process is terminating abnormally.

All assistance will be appreciated here, I need to get
sshd working with all the features as soon as
possible,

Many thanks,

- Corinna Vinschen <cygwin@cygwin.com> wrote: > On
Wed, Feb 14, 2001 at 12:06:57PM +0000, Gbenga
> wrote:
> > I am running SSHD on NT, it's working fine. I can
> > connect using bash/cmd.exe.
> >
> > I don't seem to be able to run scp.
> >
> > I install a window scp client (winscp) and when I
> try
> > to connect I get "PuTTy Fatal "Error" Out of
> memory"
> > error message.
>
> This doesn't sound like a sshd but as a problem with
> that
> winscp. Does the standard Cygwin scp work?
>
> Corinna
>
> --
> Corinna Vinschen                  Please, send mails
> regarding Cygwin to
> Cygwin Developer
> mailto:cygwin@cygwin.com
> Red Hat, Inc.
>
> --

* Re: scp window client
@ 2001-02-16  9:10     ` Michael Erdely
From: Michael Erdely @ 2001-02-16  9:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

This has been fixed in the latest versions of BASH and SH.

Upgrade using http://cygwin.com/setup.exe

-ME

> Thanks so much for all the information. I have sshd
> running on my Nt box right now, but it's not
> functioning properly yet.
>
> The good part first; I can connect (ssh) into another
> machine (Unix/NT) from my Nt box.
>
> What I can not do is ssh into my sshd on the NT box.
> Now, when I tried to connect, I get logged in with all
> bash PS1.....PS stuff displaying.
>
> Then when I do ls, the whole process breaks down. Lot
> sof error message line, but the one I can comprehend
> among the whole thing is this:
> "id: not found."
> ls
>
> 0 [main] a 0 handle_exceptions: Exception:
> STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION.
> Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION at eip=61001B47.
>
> .
> .
> .
> .
> End of stack trace...
>
> Plus I get a pop-up window with "Initialization of the
> dynamic link library C:\WINNT\system32\USER32.dll
> failed. The process is terminating abnormally.
>
> All assistance will be appreciated here, I need to get
> sshd working with all the features as soon as
> possible,
>
> Many thanks,
>

> - Corinna Vinschen <cygwin@cygwin.com> wrote: > On
> Wed, Feb 14, 2001 at 12:06:57PM +0000, Gbenga
> > wrote:
> > > I am running SSHD on NT, it's working fine. I can
> > > connect using bash/cmd.exe.
> > >
> > > I don't seem to be able to run scp.
> > >
> > > I install a window scp client (winscp) and when I
> > try
> > > to connect I get "PuTTy Fatal "Error" Out of
> > memory"
> > > error message.
> >
> > This doesn't sound like a sshd but as a problem with
> > that
> > winscp. Does the standard Cygwin scp work?
> >
> > Corinna
> >
> > --
> > Corinna Vinschen                  Please, send mails
> > regarding Cygwin to
> > Cygwin Developer
> > mailto:cygwin@cygwin.com
> > Red Hat, Inc.
> >
> > --

* Re: scp window client
@ 2001-02-16  9:33       ` Gbenga
From: Gbenga @ 2001-02-16  9:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I am running the latest versions of both packages bash
2.04.7 & ash-20010129

Thanks
--- Michael Erdely <mike@erdelynet.com> wrote: > This

* Re: scp window client
@ 2001-02-16 10:21     ` Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)
From: Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc) @ 2001-02-16 10:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gbenga, cygwin

At 12:01 PM 2/16/2001, Gbenga wrote:
>Plus I get a pop-up window with "Initialization of the
>dynamic link library C:\WINNT\system32\USER32.dll
>failed. The process is terminating abnormally.

You might check the email archives for this DLL.  I remember there was a
DLL that Chris Faylor found mention of in the MSDN.  I don't recall if it
was this one or not.  A search would turn up the posting if its related to
this DLL.  A pointer to a solution was there.  If its not this, make sure
all the packages you need (i.e. all packages if you don't know which you
actually need) are installed correctly.  The easiest way to do that is
run setup again and make sure it doesn't complain about anything during
the installation.  If it does complain, try a different mirror.  If the
install goes OK and the problem persists, it must be a configuration issue.
The output of cygcheck -s -r -v might help.

* Re: scp window client
@ 2001-02-19  8:24   ` Gbenga
From: Gbenga @ 2001-02-19  8:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Corinna Vinschen

Thank you very much everybody on list taht help me
sort out secure copy hassle.

I get the sshd working on Nt now with window client,
pretty cool. I however can not copy files from outside
whatever user I logged in as directory.

The project I am working on will entails copying from
a specific directory that are outside of user
directory.

Any direction on configuration will be appreciated.

Thank you.

--- Corinna Vinschen <cygwin@cygwin.com> wrote: > On
Wed, Feb 14, 2001 at 12:06:57PM +0000, Gbenga
> wrote:
> > I am running SSHD on NT, it's working fine. I can
> > connect using bash/cmd.exe.
> >
> > I don't seem to be able to run scp.
> >
> > I install a window scp client (winscp) and when I
> try
> > to connect I get "PuTTy Fatal "Error" Out of
> memory"
> > error message.
>
> This doesn't sound like a sshd but as a problem with
> that
> winscp. Does the standard Cygwin scp work?
>
> Corinna
>
> --
> Corinna Vinschen                  Please, send mails
> regarding Cygwin to
> Cygwin Developer
> mailto:cygwin@cygwin.com
> Red Hat, Inc.
>
> --

* Re: scp window client
@ 2001-02-22 19:55     ` James Holmes
From: James Holmes @ 2001-02-22 19:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gbenga; +Cc: Corinna Vinschen

On Mon, 19 Feb 2001, [iso-8859-1] Gbenga wrote:

> Thank you very much everybody on list taht help me
> sort out secure copy hassle.
>
> I get the sshd working on Nt now with window client,
> pretty cool. I however can not copy files from outside
> whatever user I logged in as directory.
>
> The project I am working on will entails copying from
> a specific directory that are outside of user
> directory.
>
> Any direction on configuration will be appreciated.
>
> Thank you.

Use the mount command. I'm not in windows right now, but I believe the
syntax is mount C:/otherdirectory /home/whoever/mountpointdirectory.

mountpoint directory must already exist. I'm rather inexperienced with
cygwin myself, but I've done this. I think the first time I tried I used
'\' characters instead of '/' and that didn't work.