* gcc
@ 2001-03-31 11:06 John Weeks
From: John Weeks @ 2001-03-31 11:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hello,

I've just installed cygwin 1.1.8 on a Win2K system. Attempts to do a simple
compile (gcc -o t.exe t.c) give this error: The procedure entry point
getrlimit could not be located in the dynamic link library cygwin1.dll. The
installation looked like it woked properly, everything else that I've tried
so far seems to work.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
John Weeks

* GCC
@ 2008-08-18 11:56 John Emmas
From: John Emmas @ 2008-08-18 11:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi there - I only installed Cygwin yesterday so I'm still fumbling in the
dark.

One thing I'm trying to find out is whether or not it installed GCC.  Does
GCC get installed automatically or do I need to install the MinGW option?
(I noticed that the MinGW option seems to be skipped by default).

Thanks,

John

* gcc
@ 2002-05-25  9:46 hongxun lee
From: hongxun lee @ 2002-05-25  9:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

'Currently GCC contains front ends for C, C++, Objective C, Fortran, Java,
and Ada, as well as libraries for these languages (libstdc++, libgcj,...)'
(http://gcc.gnu.org/)

Does it mean that gcc now can work as an Ada compiler? Thanks

* gcc
@ 2002-01-02  9:14 Givon Zirkind
From: Givon Zirkind @ 2002-01-02  9:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi.  I recently downloaded cygwin and it seems to be installed and running,
but I don't see the compiler gcc?  Do I have to download this separately?
If so, where is the link to gcc?

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Givon

* gcc
@ 2001-05-07 17:49 Bryan Higgins
From: Bryan Higgins @ 2001-05-07 17:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I did an update the other day and now gcc is broken.  I get a message from the
loader saying it can't find crt0.o.  That file is in /lib where it's always
been.  If I run ld and give crt0.o explicitly, another error message results
about more unfound stuff.

I've got a somewhat unstandard setup.  I want to be able to access all of my
files, so instead of mounting / to point to \cygwin, I've got mount points
/lib /usr and so on which point into \cygwin.

What is the "cygdrive" business?  Is it new?

* Re: GCC
@ 2000-11-09 11:01 Earnie Boyd
From: Earnie Boyd @ 2000-11-09 11:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Milan Stanojevic, cygwin

--- Milan Stanojevic <milanst@beotel.yu> wrote:
> I've installed cygwin, bash and gcc using setup.exe that I've downloaded
> from cygwin site. But when I try to use gcc I get error message saying
> that it cannot find 'as' . What can be the problem?

Run setup again.  Perhaps with a different mirror.  You did not get the full
packages.  Setup will know what is missing.

Cheers,

=====
Earnie Boyd
mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com

---         < http://earniesystems.safeshopper.com >         ---
--- Cygwin: POSIX on Windows < http://gw32.freeyellow.com/ > ---
---   Minimalist GNU for Windows < http://www.mingw.org/ >   ---

* RE: GCC
@ 2000-11-09  7:19 Schaible, Joerg
From: Schaible, Joerg @ 2000-11-09  7:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi Milan,

unfortunately the setup has no knowledge about package dependencies. Unless
you know exactly what you are doing, you should install the complete
package.

	Jörg

* GCC
@ 2000-11-09  7:13 Milan Stanojevic
From: Milan Stanojevic @ 2000-11-09  7:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

@ 1999-09-14  5:48 Earnie Boyd
From: Earnie Boyd @ 1999-09-14  5:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kai Henningsen; +Cc: cygwin

--- Kai Henningsen <kai@cats.ms> wrote:
> On 13 Sep 99, at 8:18, Earnie Boyd wrote:
>
> > --- Kai Henningsen <kai@cats.ms> wrote:
> > -8<-
> > > Found: f:\cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\cpp.exe
> > > Found: f:\cygnus\CYGWIN~1\H-I586~1\bin\cpp.exe
> > -8<-
> >
> > This should not be here.  You've moved/copied it from the correct location
> > underneath lib/gcc-lib/i586-cygwin32/<gcc-version>/.
>
> I haven't touched it. Let's see ...
>
> bash-2.02$ find //f/cygnus/ -name "*cpp*" 2>/dev/null
> //f/cygnus/cygwin-b20/H-i586-cygwin32/bin/cpp.exe
> bash-2.02$
>
> ... so *none* of the packages I installed put cpp in gcc-lib. And
> neither did I get two copies as Mumit said. [*]

_YES_ it did!  Look again!  If it's not there, you've a problem with the
installation.

> > Also, clean up your path so that only one instance of the directory is
> defined.
> >  You're wasting environment memory and making cygwin work harder.
>
> Well, I added /bin and mounted the bin directory there. Not having
> /bin/sh work is somewhat unproductive. And when I collected that
> info, /bin was in the PATH (though it turned out this didn't solve the
> problem which caused me to put it there). I don't even know (this
> not really being Unix) where the original PATH comes from.

Check out my page for suggestions on directory structure.  It appears that your
confusing gcc with your PATH or directory structure.

> [*] More weird stuff:
>
> bash-2.02$ find //f/cygnus/ -name hggbjhb
> find: //f/cygnus/cygwin-b20/H-i586-cygwin32/etc: No such file or directory
> find: //f/cygnus/cygwin-b20/H-i586-cygwin32/i586-cygwin32: No such file or
> direc
> tory
> find: //f/cygnus/cygwin-b20/H-i586-cygwin32/i586-pc-cygwin32: No such file or
> di
> rectory
> find: //f/cygnus/cygwin-b20/H-i586-cygwin32/lib: No such file or directory
> find: //f/cygnus/cygwin-b20/H-i586-cygwin32/libexec: No such file or
> directory
> find: //f/cygnus/cygwin-b20: No such file or directory
> bash-2.02$
>
> Looks like a find (or library) bug.

The directory routines were completely rewritten.  Although, the //f should
work for backward compatibility it should really be /cygdrive/f/.  Try your
find with /cygdrive/f instead of //f.

Also, make certain that you have only one cygwin1.dll in your PATH.  Since find
is having problems use the FileManager Find tool to check it.  I didn't notice
it with the cygcheck you sent but I may have been confused by your multiple
entries in the PATH.
===
Earnie Boyd < mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com >

Newbies, please visit
< http://www.freeyellow.com/members5/gw32/index.html >

(If you respond to the list, then please don't cc me)

* Re: GCC
@ 1999-09-13  8:16 Earnie Boyd
From: Earnie Boyd @ 1999-09-13  8:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kai Henningsen, hark sng-, Mumit Khan; +Cc: cygwin

@ 1999-08-23  8:50 hark sng-
From: hark sng- @ 1999-08-23  8:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: khan, cygwin-developers, cygwin

I tried compiling a simple program using Ming32 and Cywin GCC, but in both i
get the CPP program giving me a error message saying: the -remap option is
no understood.

i am using no "-remap" swithces when compileing.

I type:

gcc filename.c

What is the exact differennce between the USER and FULL versions of Cywin.
If i have USER + GCC ,does that equal FULL.

* RE: Gcc
@ 1998-11-29 10:34 Haynes, Dan
From: Haynes, Dan @ 1998-11-29 10:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Holger Burkarth, gnu-win32

const char *Tst = ""  = pointer to constant of type 'char'

const char * const Tst = "" = constant pointer to constant of type 'char'

Regards

  Dan Haynes

-

* Gcc
@ 1998-11-29  1:32 Holger Burkarth
From: Holger Burkarth @ 1998-11-29  1:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

@ 1998-11-03 13:49 marc_auslander
From: marc_auslander @ 1998-11-03 13:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

I just sent mail about a problem with emacs error parsing of gcc output.
Please ignore - its more complicated and I don't understand it yet.  Sorry.

Marc Auslander   <Marc_Auslander@us.ibm.com>   914 945-4346  (Fax x4425)

-

* Re: GCC
@ 1998-07-08 10:01 Earnie Boyd
From: Earnie Boyd @ 1998-07-08 10:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32, Bruno da Rocha

---Bruno da Rocha <bruno@bragasoft.com> wrote:

> Somebody could answer a simple question:
>   Is the Cygnus' GCC port full compatible with other GCC ports ( I
know
> that
>   if I make a program with
>   GCC-SunOS, with common functions of them, the source will be
compiled on
>   GCC-Linux by example. It
>   would be compiled on Cygnus too, without a lot of changes? )?

That would be the intent of this project.  The cygwinb19.dll provides
a POSIX UNIX layer that will allow the UNIX created programs to
compile with little to no modification.

-        \\||//
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
--earnie_boyd@yahoo.com--
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

Please, research your question via the Searchable Mail Archives first.
http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32          (Searchable Mail Archives)

Check out these great gnu-win32 related sites:
ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/gnu-win32/latest/                  (ftp site)
http://www.cygnus.com/pubs/gnupro/                    (Comercial Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/                   (Project Page)
http://dvpraktikum.informatik.uni-koeln.de:3232/
                                            (Cygwin32 Porting Project)
http://www.lexa.ru/sos                               (Sergey Okhapkin)
ftp://www.lexa.ru/pub/domestic/sos/                (Sergey's ftp site)
http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/gcc.html (Colin Peters - Mingw32)
http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/    (Mumit Khan)
ftp://ftp.hksys.com/pub/mirrors/EGCS-Win32/   (Jeremy Bettis - mirror)
http://gnu-win32.paranoia.ru                   (Chuck Bogorad's ports)
http://www.downloadwizard.com/ak/gnu-win32/bash.html
                                        (GNU-Win32 Bash Configuration)
http://www.parallax.co.uk/~andyp/index_text.html  (Andy Piper - ports)
http://www.tiac.net/users/cgf     (Christopher Faylor - package ports)
http://aquarius.franken.de/docs/develop/gnuwin32/GNUWin32.txt
                                               (Package Porting Notes)
ftp://ftp.franken.de/pub/win32/develop/gnuwin32/cygwin32/
                                                       (German mirror)
http://www.dol.ru/users/valtul      (Valery Tulnikov - software ports)
ftp://ftp.cs.nyu.edu/pub/local/fox/cygwin32 (David fox - RPM packages)
http://www.itribe.net/virtunix/winhelp-man-pages/     (HTML Man Pages)
http://www.kedemel.demon.co.uk/                       (Darren's ports)

Help for Win32 Beginners:
 http://www.relisoft.com
 http://www.program.com/resources/win32.html

DISCLAIMER: These links or links from these pages to other sites do
not constitute an endorsement of any entities, advertisers, products
or services therein. I am not responsible for and do not control or
monitor the content of these sites or the accuracy of information
found therein.

-------------------- IMPORTANT UPGRADE NOTICE ------------------------
You should get the following to update your cygwinb19 package:

Sergey Okhapkin's coolview package which contains an updated
cygwinb19.dll.  (Yes, even if you've already downloaded the b19.1
update from the Cygnus Site).

Mumit Khan's compilation of EGCS for the cygwinb19.dll; especially if
you're using the C++ compiler.  The current version of the compiler
that
comes with the tools has lots of problems that have been fixed with
the EGCS version.  This is a drop-in replacement for the GCC toolset.

URL's are listed above.

* GCC
@ 1998-07-03 16:33 Bruno da Rocha
From: Bruno da Rocha @ 1998-07-03 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

@ 1997-12-05  6:13 Mark Young (in6)
From: Mark Young (in6) @ 1997-12-05  6:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi
I just installed the gnu-win32 on my win95 system but when I try to run
gcc I get the error that cpp cannot be found.
I checked through the mail archives and have installed it according
to the FAQ (i think) and can't find any answers.
Any suggestions?
-

* Re: GCC
@ 1997-10-16 20:09 Earnie Boyd
From: Earnie Boyd @ 1997-10-16 20:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: d-vang; +Cc: gnu-win32

Let me point you to:

-earnie_boyd@hotmail.com-
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

>Date: Wed, 15 Oct 1997 19:59:05 -0500 (CDT)
>To: Experts <gnu-win32@cygnus.com>
>From: David Vang <d-vang@students.uiuc.edu>
>Subject: GCC
>
>To Whom It May Concern:
>
>I'm new to programming.  I just downloaded the GNU-WIN32 software, and
>want to run gcc, but when I run gcc, it gives me an error  message
saying,
>        "mp3.c:1  No include path in which to find stdio.h
>        GCC.EXE:  Internal compiler error:  program cpp got fatal
signal 33"

>Can anyone help me in trying to put a path for gcc to find the standard
>include files?
>
>Thanks,
>
>David Vang
>E-Mail:  d-vang@students.uiuc.edu
>University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
>
>-
>For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message

* GCC
@ 1997-10-15 17:59 David Vang
From: David Vang @ 1997-10-15 17:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Experts

To Whom It May Concern:

I'm new to programming.  I just downloaded the GNU-WIN32 software, and I

@ 1997-10-08  2:57 Brad Haack
From: Brad Haack @ 1997-10-08  2:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

I recently installed gnuwin32 (windows NT) and am having some trouble
getting gcc set up.  Yes I read the FAQ and I think I have the
environment var's set properly.

I added these include dirs in my makefile

-I/gnuwin32/b18/H-i386-cygwin32/i386-cygwin32/include/

-I/gnuwin32/b18/H-i386-cygwin32/lib/gcc-lib/i386-cygwin32/cygnus-2.7.2-970404/include

(sorry but I think my mailer will break these up into multi lines)

I'm getting some warnings such as:
/gnuwin32/b18/H-i386-cygwin32/i386-cygwin32/include/sys/reent.h:38:
warning: function  declaration isn't a prototype
/gnuwin32/b18/H-i386-cygwin32/i386-cygwin32/include/sys/reent.h:170:
warning: function declaration isn't a prototype
/gnuwin32/b18/H-i386-cygwin32/i386-cygwin32/include/math.h:109:
warning: function declaration isn't a prototype
/gnuwin32/b18/H-i386-cygwin32/i386-cygwin32/include/math.h:179:
warning: function declaration isn't a prototype

And then a fatal error:
gcc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 33
make: *** [star.o] Error 1

Any ideas?
Thanks
Brad Haack
haack@ast.lmco.com
-

* gcc
@ 1997-09-24  2:09 nazg
From: nazg @ 1997-09-24  2:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

Hi,

I installed cygnus gcc, but when I try to compile it cant find sime
files. Can someone mail me a listing of all directories used by gcc so I
can put my files where they belong. Also tell me what environment
variables are needed and what their values should be.

I've checked the FAQ and mailing list archives.

Thanks

* Re: gcc
@ 1997-09-23 13:38 Earnie Boyd
From: Earnie Boyd @ 1997-09-23 13:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: young; +Cc: gnu-win32

>Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 17:34:32 -0700
>From: young lee <young@qm.com>
>To: gnu-win32@cygnus.com
>Subject: gcc
>
>hi
>
>I just installed a copy of GNU-Win32.  When I try using gcc I keep
>getting the error--
>
>ld: cannot open crt0.o: No such file or directory
>
>what is crt0.o? and why is it not able to find it in the library
>directory?

Let me first point you to some important documents:

Read the README.txt and faq.txt file located at
ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/gnu-win32/latest/ .

Then take a look at the http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32 web page.
This is the mail list archive and you will be able to find the answers
to many questions.

Goodluck,

-        \\||//
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
-earnie_boyd@hotmail.com-
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

* Re: gcc
@ 1997-09-22  9:29 Earnie Boyd
From: Earnie Boyd @ 1997-09-22  9:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nazg, gnu-win32

@ 1997-09-22  6:23 nazg
From: nazg @ 1997-09-22  6:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

@ 1997-09-20  0:35 young lee
From: young lee @ 1997-09-20  0:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

hi

I just installed a copy of GNU-Win32.  When I try using gcc I keep
getting the error--

ld: cannot open crt0.o: No such file or directory

what is crt0.o? and why is it not able to find it in the library
directory?

young
--
Young Lee