* Set window title
@ 2001-09-25 11:45 Martin Jerabek
From: Martin Jerabek @ 2001-09-25 11:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi!

Just a quickie: how do I set the caption of a cygwin console window (not
using X) just as lynx does? I assume it is some kind of escape sequence,
right?

TIA
Jerry

* Re: Set window title
@ 2001-09-25 11:49 ` Peter Buckley
From: Peter Buckley @ 2001-09-25 11:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Martin Jerabek; +Cc: cygwin

This question showed up just last week IIRC. But I flushed my
buffer of cygwin messages, so you might have to search the archives
with google if you don't have them on your email client. It was a
person asking about titles for an RXVT window, or maybe just a
bash window- but there was a good response with the correct set
of escape characters and quoting.

HTH,
Peter

Martin Jerabek wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Just a quickie: how do I set the caption of a cygwin console window (not
> using X) just as lynx does? I assume it is some kind of escape sequence,
> right?
>
> TIA
> Jerry
>
> --

Your mouse has moved.
Reboot now?  [OK]

* Re: Set window title
@ 2001-09-25 12:05   ` Martin Jerabek
From: Martin Jerabek @ 2001-09-25 12:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Tue, Sep 25, 2001 at 02:49:47PM -0400, Peter Buckley wrote:
> This question showed up just last week IIRC.

Thanks for the pointer. I really must take the time to browse through
the archive. The answer seems to be "<ESC>];TEXTHERE^G". I do not want
to boot Windows just to try it but it looks sensible to me.

Thanks
Jerry

* Re: Set window title
@ 2001-09-25 17:50     ` Matthew O. Persico
From: Matthew O. Persico @ 2001-09-25 17:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Martin Jerabek wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 25, 2001 at 02:49:47PM -0400, Peter Buckley wrote:
>
>>This question showed up just last week IIRC.

I put/found this in my /etc/profile file. The first line is for the
terminal. The rest is for the prompt, with colors.

if [ -z $DISPLAY ]
then
  export PS1='\[\033]0;\w\007
\033[32m\]\u@\h \[\033[33m\w\033[0m\]