* http://www.cygwin.com/faq/faq_1.html
@ 2001-11-08  5:52 Victor R. Volkman
From: Victor R. Volkman @ 2001-11-08  5:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

"That said, Cygwin can be expected to run on all modern versions of
Windows, except Windows CE. This includes Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000, and,
once it is officially released by Microsoft, Windows XP. "

I was severely chastised for sending a bug report last month before XP was
released, now that XP is released, are bug reports being accepted for it?

Either way the FAQ page is out of date on this issue.

thanks

* Re: http://www.cygwin.com/faq/faq_1.html
@ 2001-11-08  6:20 ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2001-11-08  6:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Thu, Nov 08, 2001 at 08:51:02AM -0500, Victor R. Volkman wrote:
> "That said, Cygwin can be expected to run on all modern versions of
> Windows, except Windows CE. This includes Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000, and,
> once it is officially released by Microsoft, Windows XP. "
>
> I was severely chastised for sending a bug report last month before XP was
> released, now that XP is released, are bug reports being accepted for it?

Sure.  Except for the usual set of non-catched errors (for which
error reports are accepted), Cygwin is running on XP the same way
as on NT4/W2K, at least beginning with Cygwin 1.3.4.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.

* Re: http://www.cygwin.com/faq/faq_1.html
@ 2001-11-08  9:29 ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2001-11-08  9:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Thu, Nov 08, 2001 at 08:51:02AM -0500, Victor R. Volkman wrote:
>"That said, Cygwin can be expected to run on all modern versions of
>Windows, except Windows CE. This includes Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000, and,
>once it is officially released by Microsoft, Windows XP. "

Hopefully, the words on the very first page of the web page itself should
be accurate.

cgf