* compiling under cygwin
@ 2001-11-02  7:55 nicola rossi
From: nicola rossi @ 2001-11-02  7:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

greetings

I'd like to compile some GNU stuff under cygwin so I installed cygwin 1.3.3
plus gcc 2.95.3 and gnu make.

Trouble is, gcc doesn't seem to find the basic headers (stdio.h and the
like). I though they might be in the W32api package, but I was wrong. What
have I not downloaded ?

thanks for your help.

enkidu

* Re: compiling under cygwin
@ 2001-11-02  7:56 ` Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)
From: Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc) @ 2001-11-02  7:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nicola rossi, cygwin

At 06:28 PM 11/13/2001, nicola rossi wrote:

>greetings
>
>I'd like to compile some GNU stuff under cygwin so I installed cygwin 1.3.3
>plus gcc 2.95.3 and gnu make.
>
>Trouble is, gcc doesn't seem to find the basic headers (stdio.h and the
>like). I though they might be in the W32api package, but I was wrong. What
>have I not downloaded ?

Since you ask, it implies you opted not to download everything.  If that's
the case, you've created a custom installation that cannot be supported
by this list at this time.  Please go back to www.cygwin.com and click on
"Install Now" to install all packages.  If you're still having difficulty
afterwards and none of the information in the documentation, FAQ, or email
archives seem to address it, send specifics about your problem to this
list.

Regards,

* compiling under cygwin
@ 2001-11-11  8:26 ` nicola rossi
From: nicola rossi @ 2001-11-11  8:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

@ 2001-11-11  8:26   ` Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)
From: Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc) @ 2001-11-11  8:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nicola rossi, cygwin

@ 1999-10-31 19:54 ` Yonas Berhan Dibike
From: Yonas Berhan Dibike @ 1999-10-31 19:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

After I downloaded and installed 'cygwin', I tried to compile the source
files of a program written in C under cygwin environment by writing
'Make' at the top level directory. It started compiling but didn't
finish, instead it gave an error message. I attached with this e-mail a
screen shoat of the cygwin window where error message appears. I am
basically a Windows user and program in Delphi, so I have very little
knowledge of Unix systems and C++ programing. Could any one please find
some time to have a look at the error message and may be tell me what
has happened?

Thank you once again for your assistance.
--
Yonas Berhan Dibike

International Institute for Infrastructural Hydraulic and
Environmental Engineering, IHE-Delft
 _____________________   ____  ____  ___________
| I.H.E. - Delft      | |_  _||_  _||_  ________| E-mail: ybd@ihe.nl
| P.O.Box 3015,       |   ||    ||____||__||__    Tel. +31(0)15 2151841
| 2601 DA DELFT,      |   ||    ||____||__||__
| The Netherlands     |  _||_  _||_  _||__||____
ScreenShoat.doc

[-- Attachment #2: ScreenShoat.doc --]
[-- Type: application/msword, Size: 39424 bytes --]

* Compiling under cygwin
@ 1999-10-14  6:47 Yonas Berhan Dibike
From: Yonas Berhan Dibike @ 1999-10-14  6:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin