* Re: Link to cygwin.com on our web site
@ 2001-11-02 10:09 Masayuki Hattori
From: Masayuki Hattori @ 2001-11-02 10:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gerrit P. Haase

Hello Gerrit,

Thank you so much for your reply and advice.

Danke vielmals

Mit freundlichen Grueszen
             Masayuki Hattori  ( hatto@rd.scei.sony.co.jp )

@ 2001-11-11  8:26 ` Masayuki Hattori
From: Masayuki Hattori @ 2001-11-11  8:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gerrit P. Haase

From: Masayuki Hattori @ 2001-11-11  8:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

@ 2001-11-11  8:26   ` John Marshall
From: John Marshall @ 2001-11-11  8:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Tue, Nov 13, 2001 at 01:11:29PM +0100, Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
>> 2001/11/09 16:38, Masayuki Hattori/SCEI wrote:
>>> If you need windows version gasp or gcc, one of solutions is using those
>>> of Cygwin(TM).
>>> Cygwin(TM) can be downloaded from http://cygwin.com.
>
> I think you need no permission to just put up a link on your site.

Down on the trivia level, one could link to http://cygwin.com/ or
http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/ .  One's pleasantly short, and the
other gives a plug to free software and Red Hat.

Do the Cygwin folks have a preference as to which one other sites
should link to?

    John

* Re: Link to cygwin.com on our web site
@ 2001-11-11  8:26   ` Gerrit P. Haase
From: Gerrit P. Haase @ 2001-11-11  8:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Masayuki Hattori; +Cc: cygwin

@ 2001-11-08 23:38 Masayuki Hattori
From: Masayuki Hattori @ 2001-11-08 23:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

@ 2001-11-01 21:12 ` Gerrit P. Haase
From: Gerrit P. Haase @ 2001-11-01 21:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Masayuki Hattori; +Cc: cygwin

Hallo Masayuki,

2001-11-13 13:06:51, du schriebst:

> Dear Sir,

> I've heard that November 12th was a holiday in U.S.
> May I expect to get your reply tomorrow?

> We'd like to release that program pretty soon.

I think you need no permission to just put up a link on your site.
But you should provide some information how you expect the setup
should be so it works with your tools.

> Thank you so much,

> Masayuki Hattori  ( hatto@rd.scei.sony.co.jp )
> Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

> 2001/11/09 16:38, Masayuki Hattori/SCEI wrote:
>>
>> Dear Sir,
>>
>> We have a plan to release our program that invokes gcc and gasp on our we
>> b site.
>> This program itself was not compiled by Cygwin.
>> We won't distribute any Cygwin tools on our web site, but we'd like to de
>> scribe
>> your URL, cygwin.com in README as below:
>>
>> --------
>> This program invokes gasp or gcc by -g or -G options.
>>
>> If you need windows version gasp or gcc, one of solutions is using those
>> of Cygwin(TM).
>> Cygwin(TM) can be downloaded from http://cygwin.com.
>>
>> "Cygwin" is a trademark of RedHat, Inc.
>> --------
>>
>> My understanding is that we don't need any license and payment. Is this c
>> orrect?
>> And if I have to correct some parts of README, I would appreciate your he
>> lp.
>>
>> p.s.
>>   Btw, we are using Cygnus gcc/g++ for PlayStation 2 on Linux machines.
>>   Thank you for your support.
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Masayuki Hattori  ( hatto@rd.scei.sony.co.jp )
>> Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

--
convey Information Systems GmbH                   http://www.convey.de/
                                                  Vitalisstra\xDFe 326-328
Gerrit P. Haase                                   D-50933 K\xF6ln

@ 2001-11-01 20:23 Masayuki Hattori
From: Masayuki Hattori @ 2001-11-01 20:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin