From: Kisacikoglu Gokhan <kisacik@yahoo.com>
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: newbie to cygwin questions
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 08:26:00 -0000	[thread overview]

I am terribly sorry if these topics were already
covered, but can't these going;

**** 1. setenv, getenv is missing!

> setenv fooEnvVar 1
bash: setenv: command not found

**** 2. I type;

> set fooSetVar = 1

and then nothing comes out this command;

> echo $fooSetVar

even with this;

> set | grep fooSetVar

So, "set" is broken for me...

**** 3. How can I make "more" work properly?

> cat bigUNIXTextFile.txt | more.com

works, but the lines are not terminated properly, but
kept as one continuous line (I believe this is due to
the carriage return thing which is different from
windows OS). It waits when the terminal is filled with
text though...

any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
-kisa