* Re: Cygwin setup
@ 2001-11-11  8:26 ` Brian Keener
From: Brian Keener @ 2001-11-11  8:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

H.Merijn Brand wrote:
> Any chance in making the next version of the setup program having "Partial" as
> default view (please)

Once we change setup to save the responses from the last time it was run - you
will have what you want - it would always show partial first (I would think) if
that was the way you last left it.  Am I correct folks?

bk

* Re: cygwin setup
@ 2001-11-11  8:26 ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2001-11-11  8:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Fri, Nov 16, 2001 at 06:04:34PM +0100, H.Merijn Brand wrote:
>Any chance in making the next version of the setup program having "Partial" as
>default view (please)

No.  Just click on the "View" button.  It's not that hard.

cgf

* Cygwin setup
@ 2001-11-11  8:26 H.Merijn Brand
From: H.Merijn Brand @ 2001-11-11  8:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

--
H.Merijn Brand    Amsterdam Perl Mongers (http://www.amsterdam.pm.org/)
using perl-5.6.1, 5.7.2 & 630 on HP-UX 10.20 & 11.00, AIX 4.2, AIX 4.3,

* Re: cygwin setup
@ 2006-11-19  6:15 ` Larry Hall (Cygwin)
From: Larry Hall (Cygwin) @ 2006-11-19  6:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

dubcek wrote:
> My problem is that, even though cygwin installs itself without making any
> objections, nothing works. When I clock on the icon or on cygwin.bat windows
> flashes the cygwin window on my screen but immediately disappears.
> I reinstalled cygwin (which originally worked very well) many times.
> Because I am desperate after trying the install procedure countless times, I
> am sending you the setup.log file.
> Thanks for any help.

Actually, you didn't attach any log file.

I would recommend starting a command prompt window and running 'cygwin.bat'
from there.  You obviously have a configuration problem (did you reboot when
you were asked to?) but you're not going to get allot of insight without
seeing the messages output.  Running 'cygwin.bat' from the command prompt
will give you that information.  I also suggest you read and follow the
problem reporting guidelines found at <http://cygwin.com/problems.html>,
particularly if you need to follow-up on this issue with the list.  Pay
particular attention to the bit about *attaching* cygcheck output.

Holliston, MA 01746

* Re: cygwin setup
@ 2006-11-18 21:22 ` Tim Prince
From: Tim Prince @ 2006-11-18 21:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

dubcek wrote:
> My problem is that, even though cygwin installs itself without making any
> objections, nothing works. When I clock on the icon or on cygwin.bat windows
> flashes the cygwin window on my screen but immediately disappears.
> I reinstalled cygwin (which originally worked very well) many times.
> Because I am desperate after trying the install procedure countless times, I
> am sending you the setup.log file.

Did you check that paths in cygwin.bat agree with your new installation?

* cygwin setup
@ 2006-11-18 20:13 dubcek
From: dubcek @ 2006-11-18 20:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

My problem is that, even though cygwin installs itself without making any
objections, nothing works. When I clock on the icon or on cygwin.bat windows
flashes the cygwin window on my screen but immediately disappears.
I reinstalled cygwin (which originally worked very well) many times.
Because I am desperate after trying the install procedure countless times, I
am sending you the setup.log file.
Thanks for any help.
dubcek

* Re: cygwin setup
       [not found] ` <77673C9ECE12AB4791B5AC0A7BF40C8FE4963E@exchange02.fed.cclr c.ac.uk>
@ 2005-04-29  1:45   ` Larry Hall
From: Larry Hall @ 2005-04-29  1:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kewley, J (John), cygwin

At 09:30 AM 4/28/2005, you wrote:
>I have one minor quibble about cygwin setup.

Ah good, we're finally got to the point where there's only one minor
quibble with setup.  This is truly a momentous day.  Did anyone bring
the champagne? ;-)

Holliston, MA 01746

* RE: cygwin setup
@ 2005-04-28 15:11     ` Dave Korn
From: Dave Korn @ 2005-04-28 15:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2005-04-28 14:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

@ 2005-04-28 14:36 ` Dave Korn
       [not found] ` <77673C9ECE12AB4791B5AC0A7BF40C8FE4963E@exchange02.fed.cclr c.ac.uk>
From: Dave Korn @ 2005-04-28 14:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
> I have one minor quibble about cygwin setup.
>
> It stores all my previous options for the setup except the port number
> for the http/ftp proxy.
>
> Can this be saved as well?

  Yes, of course it can.

  Next question?

    cheers,
      DaveK

* cygwin setup
@ 2005-04-28 14:15 Kewley, J (John)
       [not found] ` <77673C9ECE12AB4791B5AC0A7BF40C8FE4963E@exchange02.fed.cclr c.ac.uk>
From: Kewley, J (John) @ 2005-04-28 14:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I have one minor quibble about cygwin setup.

It stores all my previous options for the setup except the port number
for the http/ftp proxy.

Can this be saved as well?

Cheers

John Kewley

* Cygwin Setup
@ 2001-10-20  1:37 ` Carlos de Sousa
From: Carlos de Sousa @ 2001-10-20  1:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi!

I'm running setup.exe 2.78.2.13, I'm a little
frustrated over the fact that the only information
not saved between invocations is the proxy server setting and the
port number.
As I normally run behind a FW, I need to fill in that
information every time.
Any reason for that, or is my ini file screwed up?

Keep up the good work!

Regards
Carlos de Sousa

* Re: cygwin setup
@ 2000-12-26 15:31   ` etoffi
From: etoffi @ 2000-12-26 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

DJ Delorie writes:

> > also, is there any interest to use (real) packages in cygwin?
>
> There was, until we added .tar.gz support to setup :-)
>
> Seriously, people have talked about RPM, but until someone decides to
> actually *do* something, tarballs remain the standard "package" format
> for Cygwin.

im not particuarly ecstatic about rpm (at least the binary format). i think
they shoudlve done something similar to waht the deb format does. eh.

--
etoffi

* Re: cygwin setup
@ 2000-12-26 15:12 ` DJ Delorie
From: DJ Delorie @ 2000-12-26 15:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: etoffi; +Cc: cygwin

> hopefully this doesnt turn out to be a silly question, but is the source
> for the setup utility available?

Yes.  Get the cygwin sources, and it's in src/winsup/cinstall.

@ 2000-12-26 15:08 etoffi
From: etoffi @ 2000-12-26 15:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

@ 2000-11-22 18:41 McNulty Junior Bobby
From: McNulty Junior Bobby @ 2000-11-22 18:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

No complaints, really.
At 6:35 pm central, Wednesday 22, still trying to
download Cygwin tools to redo my archine, inetutls
refused to DL.
Was someone replacing it was I was trying to download
it?
Guess we'll never know.
ftp.sunsite.utk.edu was the site.
Really, this tennessee site is the only one I should
be using since it is the closest to me.
It was the first one I noticed to have cygwin 1.1.6-1.