* Cygwin setup
@ 2001-11-11  8:26 H.Merijn Brand
From: H.Merijn Brand @ 2001-11-11  8:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Any chance in making the next version of the setup program having "Partial" as
default view (please)

--
H.Merijn Brand    Amsterdam Perl Mongers (http://www.amsterdam.pm.org/)
using perl-5.6.1, 5.7.2 & 630 on HP-UX 10.20 & 11.00, AIX 4.2, AIX 4.3,

* cygwin setup
@ 2006-11-18 20:13 dubcek
From: dubcek @ 2006-11-18 20:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

My problem is that, even though cygwin installs itself without making any
objections, nothing works. When I clock on the icon or on cygwin.bat windows
flashes the cygwin window on my screen but immediately disappears.
I reinstalled cygwin (which originally worked very well) many times.
Because I am desperate after trying the install procedure countless times, I
am sending you the setup.log file.
Thanks for any help.
dubcek

* cygwin setup
@ 2005-04-28 14:15 Kewley, J (John)
       [not found] ` <77673C9ECE12AB4791B5AC0A7BF40C8FE4963E@exchange02.fed.cclr c.ac.uk>
From: Kewley, J (John) @ 2005-04-28 14:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I have one minor quibble about cygwin setup.

It stores all my previous options for the setup except the port number
for the http/ftp proxy.

Can this be saved as well?

Cheers

John Kewley

* building jed
@ 2001-10-19 11:08 Gary Jones
From: Gary Jones @ 2001-10-19 11:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Has anyone managed to build the jed editor for cygwin? I vaguely
remember seeing a thread about it here but the search facility
doesn't show anything up.

* cygwin setup
@ 2000-12-26 15:08 etoffi
From: etoffi @ 2000-12-26 15:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

hopefully this doesnt turn out to be a silly question, but is the source
for the setup utility available?

also, is there any interest to use (real) packages in cygwin?

--
etoffi

* cygwin setup
@ 2000-11-22 18:41 McNulty Junior Bobby
From: McNulty Junior Bobby @ 2000-11-22 18:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

No complaints, really.
At 6:35 pm central, Wednesday 22, still trying to
download Cygwin tools to redo my archine, inetutls
refused to DL.
Was someone replacing it was I was trying to download
it?
Guess we'll never know.
ftp.sunsite.utk.edu was the site.
Really, this tennessee site is the only one I should
be using since it is the closest to me.
It was the first one I noticed to have cygwin 1.1.6-1.