* Mailing list
@ 2001-11-11  8:26 sCank prOfet
From: sCank prOfet @ 2001-11-11  8:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

To whom it may concern,
   Mailing address for me is accually pr0fet@scank.net
but the web browser pulls up this for mailing in IE
anyway. So I would appreciate if mailing from you
could be done to pr0fet@scank.net but this will be
fine.

                                       Thank you,
                                           pr0fet

From: Scott Warner @ 1997-10-31 19:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

Jim,

Thanks very much.  I did not realize that this is how mailing lists work.

> Date: Friday, October 31, 1997 7:05 PM
>
> Scott Warner wrote:
> >
> > Can anyone tell me how to respond to items in the mailing list without
> > sending email to that person?  Or is that the only way, then it is
> > forwarded to the list?
> >

> Your question is a little fuzzy.
> If you do a reply all in your mailer, your response will go to both the
> person & the list, which is what I've done here.
>
> Jim
-

* Re: Mailing List
@ 1997-10-31 17:59 ` Charles Curley
From: Charles Curley @ 1997-10-31 17:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Scott Warner; +Cc: gnu-win32

At 04:34 31/10/97 -0500, Scott Warner wrote:
>Can anyone tell me how to respond to items in the mailing list without
>sending email to that person?  Or is that the only way, then it is
>forwarded to the list?

Scott, that is entirely a function of your mail reader. Once you set up a
reply, check the headers and delete entries from the to, cc or bcc fields
as appropriate. I don't know Microsoft Internet Mail at all, but I expect
there is a way to do this. If it is hiding those fields from you ("We're
from Microsoft and we know more about what you are doing than you do."),
there should be a way to make them visible.

However, the way lists work, if the person is a member of the list and you
send to the list, the person will get a copy from the list. Some folks
(like me) let list email accumulate before looking at it. They will respond
much more rapidly to a personal (directly addressed) copy. The reason is
that a lot of mail readers (the programs) allow the user to set up filters
to toss list email to separate folfers, where they can ignore it for a while.

		-- C^2

Looking for fine software and/or web pages?
http://web.idirect.com/~ccurley
-

* Re: Mailing List
@ 1997-10-31 16:09 ` Jim Sopchak
From: Jim Sopchak @ 1997-10-31 16:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Scott Warner; +Cc: gnu-win32

@ 1997-10-31 14:15 Scott Warner
From: Scott Warner @ 1997-10-31 14:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

Thanks!  I wondered if it was that simple.

> > sending email to that person?  Or is that the only way, then it is
> > forwarded to the list?
>
> No that's not the only way.  If you are using something like Netscape
> Communicator or Microsoft Internet Mail, you can choose "reply" and then
> change the recepient to gnu-win32@cygnus.com.
>
> --
> Weiqi Gao
> weiqigao@a.crl.com
-

* Mailing List
@ 1997-10-31 13:41 Scott Warner
From: Scott Warner @ 1997-10-31 13:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

Thanks for all your help, again.

-

* Re: Mailing List
@ 1997-10-31  5:27 Earnie Boyd
From: Earnie Boyd @ 1997-10-31  5:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: swarnerx3; +Cc: gnu-win32

Modify the "To:" parameter making it gnu-win32@cygnus.com.  If it is
forwarded to the list it was done by the person you sent the reply to.

If you want to reply to both just copy gnu-win32@cygnus.com.

>From: "Scott Warner" <swarnerx3@acadia.net>
>To: <gnu-win32@cygnus.com>
>Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 04:34:47 -0500
>
>Can anyone tell me how to respond to items in the mailing list without
>sending email to that person?  Or is that the only way, then it is
>forwarded to the list?
>
>-
>For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message

---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
-earnie_boyd@hotmail.com-
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------