* Problems with RMAKE
@ 2001-11-16  1:25 JOSE ADRIANO BALTIERI
From: JOSE ADRIANO BALTIERI @ 2001-11-16  1:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

         I have a bat of my own, that runs RMAKE, a kind of a MAKE.

         There inside, it will issue a DIR /B.

         It was working fine but, after installing CYGWIN, it will now issue
an error regarded to cygwin\bin or something like that.

         Does CygWin replaces the COMMAND.COM ?

         What if I also use 4DOS ?

         Will I have three different COMMANDs ? No problem if I do. I just
dont want to mess up my MAKEs.

         TIA !

                                Obrigado/Thanks a lot,

                                Jose Adriano Baltieri
                                Analista de Sistemas/Systems Analyst
                                CPD - CENTRO
                                UNIMEP - Universidade Metodista de Piracicaba
                                PIRACICABA - SP - BRASIL
                                Fone : 055 0 XX 19 3124-1858 (english spoken)
                                Fax  : 055 0 XX 19 3124-1898 (cx postal 42778)

* Re: Problems with RMAKE
@ 2001-11-16  2:29 ` Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)
From: Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc) @ 2001-11-16  2:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: JOSE ADRIANO BALTIERI, cygwin

At 03:27 PM 11/26/2001, JOSE ADRIANO BALTIERI wrote:

>          I have a bat of my own, that runs RMAKE, a kind of a MAKE.
>
>          There inside, it will issue a DIR /B.
>
>          It was working fine but, after installing CYGWIN, it will now issue
>an error regarded to cygwin\bin or something like that.

Sorry, you'll need to be more clear about the steps that you take, the
messages you get, and your environment before anyone can attempt to
determine what you're specific installation issue is.  Your environment
as Cygwin sees it can be seen by running 'cygcheck -s -r -v'.

>          Does CygWin replaces the COMMAND.COM ?

Not literally no.  Many people use bash as a shell instead of COMMAND.COM
though.

>          What if I also use 4DOS ?

Enjoy.

>          Will I have three different COMMANDs ? No problem if I do. I just
>dont want to mess up my MAKEs.

You have different shells, COMMAND.COM, 4DOS, and those that come with
Cygwin (bash, sh, tcsh, etc)

* Problems with RMAKE
@ 2001-11-26 11:28 ` JOSE ADRIANO BALTIERI
From: JOSE ADRIANO BALTIERI @ 2001-11-26 11:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

@ 2001-11-26 12:46   ` Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)
From: Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc) @ 2001-11-26 12:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: JOSE ADRIANO BALTIERI, cygwin

At 03:27 PM 11/26/2001, JOSE ADRIANO BALTIERI wrote:

>          I have a bat of my own, that runs RMAKE, a kind of a MAKE.
>
>          There inside, it will issue a DIR /B.
>
>          It was working fine but, after installing CYGWIN, it will now issue
>an error regarded to cygwin\bin or something like that.

Sorry, you'll need to be more clear about the steps that you take, the
messages you get, and your environment before anyone can attempt to
determine what you're specific installation issue is.  Your environment
as Cygwin sees it can be seen by running 'cygcheck -s -r -v'.

>          Does CygWin replaces the COMMAND.COM ?

Not literally no.  Many people use bash as a shell instead of COMMAND.COM
though.

>          What if I also use 4DOS ?

Enjoy.