* Yet another Slashdot article
@ 2001-11-18  3:36 Charles Wilson
From: Charles Wilson @ 2001-11-18  3:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree, cygwin

is here:

this time on cygwin+gnome.  The site mentioned includes build
instructions for several gnomish packages, but seems a little out of
date (why provide instructions for compiling popt when popt has been
part of the official dist since last spring? Also, providing
instructions on how to build your own freetype library is SURE to tick
off you cygwin-xfree folks...)

Cool screenshots, tho (even if the guy IS using twm...)

--Chuck

* Re: Yet another Slashdot article
@ 2001-11-19  1:12 ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2001-11-19  1:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree, cygwin

On Wed, Nov 28, 2001 at 12:26:40AM -0500, Charles Wilson wrote:
>is here:
>http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=01/11/25/2245258
>
>this time on cygwin+gnome.  The site mentioned includes build
>instructions for several gnomish packages, but seems a little out of
>date (why provide instructions for compiling popt when popt has been
>part of the official dist since last spring?  Also, providing
>instructions on how to build your own freetype library is SURE to tick
>off you cygwin-xfree folks...)
>
>Cool screenshots, tho (even if the guy IS using twm...)

I thought that one of the comments about cygwin being around forever was
sort of interesting.  Slashdot seems to have the attention span of a
moth attracted to a flashing neon sign.

"Ooohhh!  Light!  I think I'll fly over there!"

"Um.  What was I doing?"

"Ooohhh!  Light!..."

cgf

* Yet another Slashdot article