* Incorrect setup.exe version (2.125.2.5) posted on http://cygwin.com
@ 2001-11-20 19:40 Attila Bodis
From: Attila Bodis @ 2001-11-20 19:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

To Whom It May Concern:

As of right now (30 Nov 2001, 9:45am PST), the version of setup.exe at
http://www.cygwin.com/setup.exe is the old 2.125.2.5 version.  Where can I
get 2.124.2.10?

    Thanks,

    Attila

P.S.:  Had to re-send this because my client sends text/html by default.
Man, you guys are picky!  I love vi on Linux as much as the next guy, but
this is the 21st Century!  Just my 2 cents...

* Re: Incorrect setup.exe version (2.125.2.5) posted on http://cygwin.com
@ 2001-11-20 19:56 ` Collin Grady
From: Collin Grady @ 2001-11-20 19:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Attila Bodis, cygwin

> old 2.125.2.5 version.  Where can I
> get 2.124.2.10?

Uh, look at the numbers there ;-) 125 is higher then 124.  The setup.exe on
cygwin.com is the updated one ;)

P.S.  Tools, Options, Mail Sending Format, Plain Text ;-)
     -Collin Grady

The sooner you fall behind the more time you'll have to catch up.

> As of right now (30 Nov 2001, 9:45am PST), the version of setup.exe at
> http://www.cygwin.com/setup.exe is the old 2.125.2.5 version.  Where can I
> get 2.124.2.10?
>
>     Thanks,
>
>     Attila
>
> P.S.:  Had to re-send this because my client sends text/html by default.
> Man, you guys are picky!  I love vi on Linux as much as the next guy, but
> this is the 21st Century!  Just my 2 cents...
>

> --

* Re: Incorrect setup.exe version (2.125.2.5) posted on http://cygwin.com
@ 2001-11-20 21:19   ` Attila Bodis
                       ` (2 more replies)
From: Attila Bodis @ 2001-11-20 21:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Collin Grady, cygwin

> Uh, look at the numbers there ;-) 125 is higher then 124.  The setup.exe
on
> cygwin.com is the updated one ;)

Ok, file that under "duh..."  I stand corrected.

However, my problem persists:  When I run the version of setup.exe I
downloaded today from http://www.cygwin.com/setup.exe, I see that the setup
version number is 2.125.2.5.  When I get past the mirror selection screen, I
get the following error message, after which setup.exe crashes:

"This setup is version 2.125.2.5, but setup.ini claims version 2.125.2.10 is
available.
You might want to upgrade to get the latest features and bug fixes."

You see why I got confused about the minor version number; setup.ini indeed
refers to 2.125.2.10, not 2.124.2.10.

Any thoughts?

    Thanks,

    Attila

P.S.:  Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know how to send plain text email, I just don't
like it... :)

@ 2001-11-20 21:39     ` Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)
From: Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc) @ 2001-11-20 21:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Attila Bodis, Collin Grady, cygwin

At 02:38 PM 11/30/2001, Attila Bodis wrote:
> > Uh, look at the numbers there ;-) 125 is higher then 124.  The setup.exe
>on
> > cygwin.com is the updated one ;)
>
>Ok, file that under "duh..."  I stand corrected.
>
>However, my problem persists:  When I run the version of setup.exe I
>downloaded today from http://www.cygwin.com/setup.exe, I see that the setup
>version number is 2.125.2.5.  When I get past the mirror selection screen, I
>get the following error message, after which setup.exe crashes:
>
>"This setup is version 2.125.2.5, but setup.ini claims version 2.125.2.10 is
>available.
>You might want to upgrade to get the latest features and bug fixes."
>
>You see why I got confused about the minor version number; setup.ini indeed
>refers to 2.125.2.10, not 2.124.2.10.
>
>Any thoughts?

Yes.  Try again.  I had actually downloaded and run setup just before
you sent your first email message.  I got the 2.125.2.10 version.
Perhaps you're running some older local version without realizing it.

>P.S.:  Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know how to send plain text email, I just don't
>like it... :)

Liking it isn't a requirement but it does help! ;-)

@ 2001-11-21  1:26     ` Robert Collins
From: Robert Collins @ 2001-11-21  1:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Attila Bodis, Collin Grady, cygwin

From: Attila Bodis @ 2001-11-30 10:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

@ 2001-11-30 10:25   ` Collin Grady
From: Collin Grady @ 2001-11-30 10:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Attila Bodis, cygwin

@ 2001-11-30 11:42     ` Attila Bodis
From: Attila Bodis @ 2001-11-30 11:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Collin Grady, cygwin

@ 2001-11-30 11:51       ` Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)
From: Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc) @ 2001-11-30 11:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Attila Bodis, Collin Grady, cygwin

@ 2001-11-30 13:36       ` Robert Collins
From: Robert Collins @ 2001-11-30 13:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Attila Bodis, Collin Grady, cygwin

@ 2001-11-30 10:36 ` Karr, David
From: Karr, David @ 2001-11-30 10:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Unfortunately, I find that even with my Mail Sending Format set to Plain
Text, when I use Outlook to reply to notes on the Cygwin list that have text
attachments, sometimes it seems to find an "empty" "text/html" attachment
and then makes the total output format "text/html", which results in the
Cygwin list handler rejecting it.  I'm at a loss to understand this.