* Re: Can't find install-sh or install.sh
@ 2001-12-06 13:29 Stephen Rasku
From: Stephen Rasku @ 2001-12-06 13:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Peter Buckley wrote:

>I think Chris is right that you have an old version of the sources,
>andyou would be best off getting the new version. But if you still
>have  the problem, you can create an empty install-sh or install.sh
>and IIRC this should "fake" configure into continuing. This is the
>case with some few other things that configure quits over, but YMMV
>and DTTAHK.
>
>HTH,
>Peter

It appears that I was out of date but just barely.  I downloaded the
old version the day before yesterday.  Thanks to Chris and Peter.

--
Stephen Rasku			E-mail:	stephen@tgivan.com
Senior Software Engineer	Web:	http://www.pop-star.net/

* Re: Can't find install-sh or install.sh
@ 2001-12-06 13:33 ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2001-12-06 13:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Thu, Dec 06, 2001 at 01:16:58PM -0800, Stephen Rasku wrote:
>It appears that I was out of date but just barely.  I downloaded the
>old version the day before yesterday.  Thanks to Chris and Peter.

make-3.79.1-5 was uploaded on 2001-11-25.

cgf

* Re: Can't find install-sh or install.sh
@ 2001-12-06 12:30 ` Peter Buckley
From: Peter Buckley @ 2001-12-06 12:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rasku; +Cc: cygwin

--
Your mouse has moved.
Reboot now?  [OK]

* Re: Can't find install-sh or install.sh
@ 2001-12-06 12:14 ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2001-12-06 12:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Thu, Dec 06, 2001 at 12:06:02PM -0800, Stephen Rasku wrote:
>I am trying to modify the make program to add some extra diagnostics.
>I have untarred make-3.79.1-src.tar.bz2.  When I run ./configure, I
>get the following:

>	configure: error: can not find install-sh or install.sh in .
>
>I looked in the archives but I couldn't find anything relevant.

It sounds like you have an old version of the sources.

cgf

* Can't find install-sh or install.sh
@ 2001-12-06 12:09 Stephen Rasku