The ASSume principle applies once again... On Thu, Dec 06, 2001 at 12:44:26PM -0500, Jason Tishler wrote: > I have just reproduced this build problem with Python 2.2b2 too. However, > I don't believe that it is related to the particular Python version one > attempts to build. Actually, setup.py has been enhanced to check the validity of each module by importing it during the build problem. Hence, the probability of a DLL address clash during fork has increased significantly. The attached patch workarounds this problem. I intend to submit this patch (redone against CVS) to the Python patch collector ASAP so that Python 2.2 does not go out the door on 12/19 busted for Cygwin. If you have any objections or better solutions, please speak up sooner rather than later. Note that I still intend to fix the Cygwin Python fork problem, if possible. Hopefully, this workaround will be only temporary. Jason